Honored Contributor

Re: Fenty Wear Test (HOT & HUMID)

@decaf 

Thank you!  She is the sweetest thing.  At Mother's Day lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, she said the most moving and precious prayer.  Years beyond her age.  Her daddy is teaching her to be a business woman Smiley Happy  She has already bought, raised and sold two calves.  She's on her way to making enough to buy a Quarter Horse.  Her parents bought her a rescue horse first to see if she was really going to be interested.  I don't see her very often anymore since she's so busy and now has a stinkin' boyfriend Smiley Sad  Why do they have to grow up?

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I also HATE SUMMER and I'm in upstate NY!  It's been lovely so far this June, but the humidity starts in tomorrow.  I honestly don't know how you folks in the South cope with that kind of humidity for so many months!  

I also hate getting sweaty before my makeup is completely finished.  It ALWAYS happens, even if my bathroom/bedroom are at 75 degees.  The minute the sunscreen and then foundation goes on, I start to drip.  It's awful and I attribute it to menopause!  (As an aside, I once asked my Mother how long the hot flashes lasted and she said "until you're 80"!  OH NO!)  I have to go stand under the ceiling fan (on high!) for a few minutes until it calms down to do my blush and eyes.

DH and I just returned from a trip to CA to visit son and daughter in law.  Yes, during the 100 plus degree days.  I now understand how some folks can go through so much moisturizing cream for their bodies.  The air was just sucking moisture out of my skin.  I was amazed.  

Thank you, Monicalm for making me feel like I'm not the only 60+ woman that melts while putting on makeup!

P.S.  Yesterday, I was running late and as I was putting the Fenty Body Sauce on my arms and chest, said 'why not?' and put it on my face.  Added a bit of concealer and blush - done!  I looked like I had been to the beach in CA (which I had not!)..  I do like the Body Sauce!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

So today was the first time this season that I had to get out in this unrelenting Texas heat.  Went full face with my Fenty Pro Filter foundation.  I was sweating before I ever left my 75 degrees, with a breeze, house.  I couldn't put on makeup in the summer if I didn't have a ceiling fan in the bathroom!  I HATE summer Smiley Sad  Blotted.  Everything still looked good.  Went to mom and dad's and then WM.  Was there about an hour, then had to load the car.  It was 95 degrees Smiley Surprised  Blotted once I got back in the car.  I collapsed on the bed while DH unloaded the car.  I HATE summer!  Looked at my makeup.  Everything except my chin looked perfect.  My chin is what was a bit worn last time too.  I thought it was because I often rest my chin on the back of my hands when at the computer but I hadn't been on the computer since putting on my face.  So that's a big fat "hummm" but I can carry my Fenty powder foundation for a quick swipe on the chin for touchup.  I'm still very happy with everything I've used in this line.  Oh, and the CP palette I used today didn't wear that well Smiley Sad  It's the first time I've worn the High Tide palette.  I'm sure it would be fine under normal circumstances but it's worn off in a couple of spots probably due to sweat dripping in my eyes.  I'm surprised my eyelashes held up!  Did I mention I HATE summer!?

@monicakm   I have to tell you that your post really made me smile.....actually, laugh. I live in Florida and I hate summer, too. Hate it! Can you imagine? My dressing table is in my bathroom and I have a ceiling fan running full blast when I apply my makeup and the A/C is always turned down so much so that my husband is wearing a flannel shirt in the house..........I kid you not!  

I can't wait for Fall.  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I don't live anywhere near Texas or Las Vegas.  I will say this, I'm not putting on a full face to go nowhere in the heat.  I used to be able to do this.  I'm at that time in my life where I've said "I can't take it anymore."  Fanning myself, hot flashes and the like....No.  No.  If I am going out for dinner or something I'll do my face, but otherwise when it gets hot where I am, nah.....I'm not doing it.

Good on you @monicakm.  I use Fenty as well.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

Oh I wish I lived in Vegas!  Favorite city EVER and we don't gamble or drink).  I know they're having the same heat wave the rest of the country is having (currently 107 but humidity is 5%)  But LV is not skin friendly Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 

I tend to shy away from lotions on my body when it's so hot.  Tell me about her Body Sauce please Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammijo10 

And thank YOU for letting me know I'm not the only one LOL

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

So today was the first time this season that I had to get out in this unrelenting Texas heat.  Went full face with my Fenty Pro Filter foundation.  I was sweating before I ever left my 75 degrees, with a breeze, house.  I couldn't put on makeup in the summer if I didn't have a ceiling fan in the bathroom!  I HATE summer Smiley Sad  Blotted.  Everything still looked good.  Went to mom and dad's and then WM.  Was there about an hour, then had to load the car.  It was 95 degrees Smiley Surprised  Blotted once I got back in the car.  I collapsed on the bed while DH unloaded the car.  I HATE summer!  Looked at my makeup.  Everything except my chin looked perfect.  My chin is what was a bit worn last time too.  I thought it was because I often rest my chin on the back of my hands when at the computer but I hadn't been on the computer since putting on my face.  So that's a big fat "hummm" but I can carry my Fenty powder foundation for a quick swipe on the chin for touchup.  I'm still very happy with everything I've used in this line.  Oh, and the CP palette I used today didn't wear that well Smiley Sad  It's the first time I've worn the High Tide palette.  I'm sure it would be fine under normal circumstances but it's worn off in a couple of spots probably due to sweat dripping in my eyes.  I'm surprised my eyelashes held up!  Did I mention I HATE summer!?

I hate summer too. my kids said that i'm weird.Smiley Mad