Honored Contributor

Re: Fenty Wear Test (HOT & HUMID)

@decaf 

Well since "boyfriend" age I've lived in a town of 3000 (and still do).  So the possibilities are real LOL   My brother and I are always recognized after 44 and 43 years post graduation.  I never know who anyone is that recognizes me.  It's embarrassing.  My brother says the same thing.

New doc is a real endo.  Other doc is a GP.  I'm going with the endo!  I just don't understand this unpleasant smell that only I can smell.  Endo referred to it as a phantom smell.  I guess I should just be happy no one else can smell it!

Do you use a primer and setting spray?  I actually forgot my setting spray yesterday.  I know the excessive heat is hard on everyone but with MS it just literally makes a limp noodle out of you!  Not to mention brain zaps.  Once I cool off I'm ok.  My husband says I need to ask for help loading my groceries but it's too embarrassing Smiley Sad  He's been taking me but my knee actually felt better yesterday and I wanted to get out on my own!  

Honored Contributor

Hope you like them as much as I do!  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I know, right!  Now that my complexion is sooooo much better, I've been using her skin tint (Eaze Drops) but yesterday was foundation.  It just never dawns on me to NOT wear something on my face during the sweltering summer heat LOL  Primer and setting sprays make all the difference.  Aren't you in TN?  Looks like most of the major cities are reporting about 85 degrees.  91 here.  We're cooling off a bit Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  The Skin Tint looks very interesting.  They're out of most shades including mine, neutral, yellow light/med.  I left my email so they'll email me when it comes in, can't wait to try it.  Right now I'm stocked up on eyeliners, mascara and blush.

I almost always wear primer and/or setting spray.  Right now I have Pacifica Hydrating Primer, Elf Poreless Putty primer and UD All Nighter Setting Spray. It absolutely helps keep mu on, only thing is once I start to sweat I feel so icky, I just want to wash it all off my face.

BTW, I live a county with 1.5 million.  I'd love to live in a small town, it must be so nice, especially these days when everyone is just nutso.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm    I'll never forget when the shade that was suggested for me was too dark and I mentioned that in my review.  This bigot told me to go to Kylie (she wrote back to my review).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I do love country living until it's time to shop!  But, COVID and my knee have gotten me over that Smiley Happy  I like to tell people my neighbors are horses and cows Smiley Happy  I may get kicked off the board for this (hope not) but maybe no one will notice since it's in a thread with a different topic.  Just had to share a picture of my granddaughter Sawyer during her first cheerleading practice session.  She'll be 13 the end of July and will be cheering for the Jr High and Jr Varsity teams.  She's also first chair in flute and plays the piano and was selected to play for a state soccer team but declined the offer Smiley Sad  I'm a proud Grammuffy!  She's not into makeup yet Smiley Surprised  But when she is she can certainly come here for anything she wants Smiley Happy  Her mother and I have legs about half that long LOL  She gets it from her dad's side of the family

Sawyer.JPG

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   You need to come up to the Chicago suburbs.  Heck, I remember when it was 110 in Chicago on the Lake.  It was absolutely horrible and I had to wear a bra to work!!!!!!   LOL

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

When you get sweaty do you "dab" your face with a paper towel?  If I have setting spray on and dab my face, hardly any makeup comes off on the paper towel.  If I don't have setting spray on and dab, a whole lot more transfers.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

I don't quite understand.  When a shade of Fenty was too dark, a dark skinned SA told you to use Kylie makeup?

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  She is adorable, so pretty, I can't blame you for gushing!  And wow is she accomplished, what a wide variety of interests. Only very smart kids can do that.  And she's also a lucky girl to have a grandma with a serious mu collection.  When she gets into makeup (which she will) she'll be able to experiment to her hearts delight with the mu collection you have. 

It's not, I don't think it's against the rules to post photos, just not retail links.  I've been poofed myself for that here.