Honored Contributor

Fenty Wear Test (HOT & HUMID)

So today was the first time this season that I had to get out in this unrelenting Texas heat.  Went full face with my Fenty Pro Filter foundation.  I was sweating before I ever left my 75 degrees, with a breeze, house.  I couldn't put on makeup in the summer if I didn't have a ceiling fan in the bathroom!  I HATE summer Smiley Sad  Blotted.  Everything still looked good.  Went to mom and dad's and then WM.  Was there about an hour, then had to load the car.  It was 95 degrees Smiley Surprised  Blotted once I got back in the car.  I collapsed on the bed while DH unloaded the car.  I HATE summer!  Looked at my makeup.  Everything except my chin looked perfect.  My chin is what was a bit worn last time too.  I thought it was because I often rest my chin on the back of my hands when at the computer but I hadn't been on the computer since putting on my face.  So that's a big fat "hummm" but I can carry my Fenty powder foundation for a quick swipe on the chin for touchup.  I'm still very happy with everything I've used in this line.  Oh, and the CP palette I used today didn't wear that well Smiley Sad  It's the first time I've worn the High Tide palette.  I'm sure it would be fine under normal circumstances but it's worn off in a couple of spots probably due to sweat dripping in my eyes.  I'm surprised my eyelashes held up!  Did I mention I HATE summer!?

Honored Contributor

Re: Fenty Wear Test (HOT & HUMID)

Oh, those Texas summers!  I was born & raised in Houston.  I feel ya'!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

From one Texan to another...bless your heart!  Makes me want to move to Vegas for the summer LOL  It may be 113 degrees but the humidity is like 5%

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can really relate, it's so hot here in Florida, and it will be until December.  I don't know how you do it, @monicakm, wear foundation in this oppresive weather. You're so determined.  As soon as I put moisturizer and spf on I start to sweat, no kidding. TBH, I go many places without any MU in the summer, no one cares or complains about it.  Lol.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I've noticed you mention Fenty products quite a bit. I've never tried anything in that line but have read good things.  Just curious, which products do you really like?

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

You know, it's just something my mother and grandmother have always done and I guess I just don't know any other way.  My 82 year old mother still puts a face on every day even if she's staying home.  I'm not too good about doing that.  I LIKE the way I look in makeup and I feel more confident when I'm madeup and dressed nicely.  My husband doesn't understand why I have to put my face on and get all "gussied" up to go to WM lol.  What if I run into an old boyfriend!!!  Smiley Wink

But I know what you mean.  When I start piling on the skincare and foundation, it's all I can do to keep it from sweating off.  Sometimes I have to drop the temperature a degree Smiley Surprised  I've been on thyroid medicine for decades but every time I get off of it due to the sweating, I stop having excessive sweating.  Just saw a new endo yesterday.  He told me to get off of it.  He said I certainly didn't need to be on the dose I've been on and I really didn't need it at all.  My PC doctor is who had me on it.  AND he said he says women at about 65 don't need to be on it at all (I'm 62) Smiley Surprised He didn't know it but I took myself off of it a couple of months ago.  Historically, I STOP the excessive sweating when I stop the thyroid med.  This time I'm still sweating.  Maybe not quite as bad.  I'm still hoping I'll get back to normal sooner or later.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

I REALLY like everything I've used.  If I had to choose one line for everything (except eyeshadow) it would be Fenty.

EAZE DROP BLURRING SKIN TINT

Pro Filter Powder Foundation (I have to do a lot of hydrating before application because I'm dry.  Then a spritz of Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist)

Concealer

Bronzer I don't wear it a lot.  Just don't think I'm a bronzer babe Smiley Happy But, it goes on very nice

Gloss Bombs (I don't like these as much as Too Faced lip glosses)

Diamond Veil Diamond Bomb 

and this color

Eyeliner

Trusted Contributor

I used to wear foundation here year round, when I started to sweat it off, in like ten minutes, I gave up. Too funny, you may run into your old boyfriends! That's an excellent reason actually. Mine live in other states and it's been so long since I've seen them ( seems like another lifetime) I doubt they'd even recognize me , makeup or no makeup. I'm sorry you're dealing with that long term medical issue, and how frustrating you have two doctors who disagree on medications and dosages. I've had that happen, of course you want to believe the one which will give you the least side effects.. I hope the new doctor can help you, I always like the ones who are more conservative in how they treat you. 

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  Really, thank you for the Fenty ones you like. I've read only good things about it. I'll check them out tomorrow after I get some rest!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - Everyone I know wears foundation year round regardless of the weather.  So I don't find it odd that you wear foundation in the summer months.