Honored Contributor

On Trendmood1 I read that Fenty (a Sephora exclusive) is going to be sold at Ulta.  What I can't figure out is Fenty leaving Sephora?  Does anyone know?  I can't find an answer online.  I love the brand but much prefer shopping Sephora.

Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard anything about Fenty leaving Sephora.  Monica, why do you prefer Sephora over Ulta? I think both stores and websites are basically the same. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor
Is Fenty leaving Sephora or is it no longer exclusive to Sephora?
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen this but my thought would be that Fenty would be sold at both.

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Sephora was in Tyler before Ulta so I started with Sephora.  I like the store aesthetics, lighting, SAs.  Then Ulta came to town.  I didn't care for the store layout,  lighting or the SAs (who were snobby and not helpful).  Several years of Ulta having rude and unhelpful SAs, and years of everyone knowing the reputation of Ulta (I knew from other forums it was the company, not just the store in my town) someone finally came along and made some much needed changes.  But I had already shopped with Sephora for a few years and always had good experiences so I stayed there.  Then my knee problem started and Ulta was much easier to access (front door parking vs walking all the way thru Pennys) but there was always a brand I wanted that they didn't carry.  Now I'm happy as can be shopping at Sephora online.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 

I don't know.  That's what I was asking.  The article was confusing (to me).

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I'm hoping that's the case.

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
Sephora used to own Kendo brands which collaborated with Rhianna on Fenty & Selena Gomez on RARE beauty. Marc Jacobs etc. Kendo then became its own company within LVMH- Sephora’s parent company. After a specified amount of time, Kendo brands can be sold at other retailers like Ulta. I worked at Sephora when Fenty launched, was confused by the recent announcement and had to do a little homework. I’m glad I am not the only person confused by this and set up a QVC account to answer your question.
Honored Contributor

@Mad4jes 

Thank you for  the info.  So it sounds like Fenty will remain at Sephora but will also be sold at Ulta.