Honored Contributor

Fenty Eaze Skin Tint vs Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

This morning I tried the sample of the Fenty Eaze Skin Blurring Skin Tint I got from Sephora.  It doesn't tout glow or luminosity, but I did add a drop of Fenty Eaze Drop' Lit although I also do that with the Nars Sheer Glow foundation.  Pics below for comparison.  I would've sworn just looking in the mirror that the Fenty was darker, but it doesn't appear that way in the pics.  Using Sephora's shade finder the match to my Sheer Glow L2 Mont Blanc (Very Light w/Neutral Undertones) should be #4 (Light Medium w/Cool Undertones); however, what I am wearing is #2 (Light w/Neutral Undertones.  The Fenty Drop' Lit drops are in the darker 02 Taffy Topaz which is slightly darker than either of the foundations I'm wearing.  Lighting is the same.  Only difference would be the angle of my head with regard to the lighting although I do try to get it the same.  On the left is the Fenty and on the right is the Sheer Glow.

Fenty Eaze 2 (L) vs Sheer Glow L2 (R).jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Fenty Eaze Skin Tint vs Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

@Icegoddess 

They both look very pretty as do you!  Which one do you like the most?  The Fenty looks to be just ever so slightly more blurring but I don't think it's anything anyone would notice unless they were looking for it like we are.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess very pretty! I like them both. The changes are very subtle. If I had to pick...I like the sheer glow side. Your a beauty! And rocking that lip! Fabulous!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess  Thank you for the demo. I've been on the fence for the Sheer Glow but you've settled it and I'm definitely going for it. Any other recommendations will be appreciated. 😊

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy @Franklinbell , not sure if you saw my previous post about hearing the word "unfortunately" at Sephora, but it seems Sephora will no longer be carrying Nars Sheer Glow in their B&M stores, or at least mine.  I have a smaller Sephora, but it's still it's own store.  However, you can get it online.  The sales associate felt like they were trying to steer customers to the Nars Light Reflecting foundtion which they DO carry in the B&M stores.  To me, that just sounds like they're one step away from discontinuing the Sheer Glow line.  Just thought I'd warn you.  That's why I'm doing the comparison.  I did E-mail Nars to ask, but who knows if they'll bother to answer me. 

@monicakm I like them both.  The Fenty is cheaper and it's actually on sale at their site right now for $26.25, so I'm thinking of ordering one to give it a good chance.  I'm always a little chintzy with the samples because I want to get 2 or 3 tries out of it in case I screw up. 

I agree with whomever said it's not something anyone else would notice.  I don't think people really notice foundation unless something is bad wrong with it or unless it's something really special, although that usually indicates really good skin to begin with.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I've got 3, maybe 4 Fenty foundations/tints.  They're all good imo, even the powder foundation.  Good skincare regimen = good skin = a good foundation look.   Do you (or anyone) remember a 
"whipped" drugstore foundation?  I can't remember who made it tho.  I do remember using it and my less-than-perfect but by no means "bad" complexion really looked good with it.  It was probably 11 or 12 years ago.  It came in a glass jar/pot.

Honored Contributor

It must have been Revlon.  I see Maybelline made one too around 2010 but I was more of a Revlon and Loreal person.  It's so much easier to shop for higher-end makeup.  WM just doesn't offer all the online info and photos that Sephora does.  I was in WM a couple of weeks ago and sashayed thru the cosmetics (buying new mascara).  I don't know if I'm old or have become UNaccustomed to my eyes searching the hundreds of products.  It was a bit mind boggling.  I think my eyes are old.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I get overwhelmed seeing all the different products, but shopping online I don't know how to browse.  I tend to just look for specifically what I want.  I think I'm afraid to stay in one spot very long because I'm afraid a salesperson will come over and want to help me. 

My first thought when you mentioned the whipped foundation was Revlon.  I'm generally not a Revlon girl. I like L'Oreal or Maybelline better.  

Friday night I wore a No7 foundation when I was being Reba for a church function.  It's too dark, but if I add a drop of a lightening product it's a pretty good match.  Pic is over on the Outfit of the Day thread.  Problem is, The Body Shop doesn't make then anymore and any others I have found got bad reviews.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Outfit of the day thread...where do I find that?  I don't see it on the left side of the page under Community Menu.  Was your Reba character playing opposite Dolly Parton?

I read a lot of good things about No 7.  I've looked for it at WM but mine doesn't carry it and the store is a super-store.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Outfit of the day thread...where do I find that?  I don't see it on the left side of the page under Community Menu.  Was your Reba character playing opposite Dolly Parton?

I read a lot of good things about No 7.  I've looked for it at WM but mine doesn't carry it and the store is a super-store.

@monicakm Outfit of the Day thread is a very long running thread under Fashion.  

We had Reba, Dolly, and Cher.  Liberace also made an appearance, but he was in a totally different skit.

I got this No. 7 (Stay Perfect) at Target.  Don't know if they still carry it, and they rarely have the light shade I need whenever I do find it anywhere.  I think in this particular version I bougth either the lightest or next lightest shade, Calico.  

Another foundations I'm interested in is Armani Luminous Silk.  It's more expensive than the Nars though and I don't think my local store sell it so I wouldn't be able to get a sample.