Respected Contributor

Feedback on an antioxidant product

I've been looking for an antioxidant serum or cream. An organic site currently running a sale has one that looks good to me. Would love feedback, thoughts, options, etc... Ingredients:

Euterpe Oleracea Pulp (Organic Acai) Oil, Punica Granatum (Organic Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice Leaf*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Organic Rose Hydrosol), Euphorbia Cerifera (Organic Candelelia) Wax, Garcinia (Organic Mangosteen) Peel Extract, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10 from Olive Oil), Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid from Spinach or Broccoli), Red Wine Resveratrol, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Coffea Arabica (Organic Coffee Cherry) Leaf/Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Lonicera Caprifolium (Japanese Honeysuckle) Extract, Fragrance (Parfum, Natural Source) - See more at: http://www.100percentpure.com/Mangosteen-Cream-Antioxidants-Vitamins-1-6-Oz-50-Ml.html?sc=44&categor...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feedback on an antioxidant product

Bella, that's about as antioxidant as you can get! Smiley Happy

I surmise that I have some sort of reputation around here for being somewhat unconventional. For an extra boost of antioxidants, I've been using black tea. I love the chocolate from Harney & Sons. I steep a fresh batch every few days and keep that in a dropper bottle and throw a squirt in with my moisturizer. Black tea is also known as a firming ingredient. (caffeine) So, I feel I get added benefits.

(I never did take mangosteen internally, but I know it's a great antioxy!)

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Harpa. I've tried the green tea home made spritz. I didn't keep up with it very well. Also, I tried a concoction with glycerin and yuk. My proportions were wrong. I've signed up three times for a lotion making class nearby and each time it is cancelled due to lack of interest. Well, duh, you keep canceling and now I give up!
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said: Thanks, Harpa. I've tried the green tea home made spritz. I didn't keep up with it very well. Also, I tried a concoction with glycerin and yuk. My proportions were wrong. I've signed up three times for a lotion making class nearby and each time it is cancelled due to lack of interest. Well, duh, you keep canceling and now I give up!

Well, that's good & stinkin'!

(Philadelphia Story)

Honored Contributor

Bella, did you see I posted on the PURE thread about my thoughts on this? Smiley Happy

ETA: I see that the original thread got poofed so you probably didn't see my response to you about this. I said that I really like the ingredients in it. I also wondered if it was a lighter or heavier serum and then I said you should get it and let us know! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Super Contributor

Well it seems to be packed with ingredients that's for sure. I don't recognize anything that might be irritating. If you want an organic antioxidant serum, this looks like a good choice.

Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

Bella, did you see I posted on the PURE thread about my thoughts on this? Smiley Happy

ETA: I see that the original thread got poofed so you probably didn't see my response to you about this. I said that I really like the ingredients in it. I also wondered if it was a lighter or heavier serum and then I said you should get it and let us know! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Well, if you insistSmiley Happy. Idk why the other thread was poofed.
Trusted Contributor

Hmmm, I think I remember reading something about the 100 Percent Pure line and the lack of adequate preservatives in their products...being not a good thing because the products have a short shelf life and can spoil quickly.