Respected Contributor

Re: Feb 16 TS - Korres Body Greek Olive Oil 4p Set

After all the comments, I decided to actually fully use the body butter/lotion to make sure that putting just a bit on my hand vs doing my whole body didn't change the way I felt about the scent. I sitll like the cactus pear. I agree, I don't smell pear and I am not sure what the cactus was supposed to smell like, I guess I was thinking fruity but it is more floral. 

After the full slather test, I still like the cactus pear. I was getting paranoid after all the bad reviews and figured I best give it a complete try before the return period passed me by.

Deb

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought 4 scents for Secretaries' Day.  Now I'm concerned they will not be well received.  There are more 1 star reviews than anything else.  I do not think I should chance it.

EDIT

I decided I'd open one of the scents, Blossom.  I put a little on the back of my hand about an hour ago.  It is strong and lasting.

I'd better return the other 3 fragrances. 

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl  I really like Perlier products too.  (and Philosophy and Korres)  I like Perlier olive oil.  However, I think the olive oil products I bought years ago were better than the newer.  That seems to be how it is with all lines now.  I still will buy it again if I ever run out of it.

Honored Contributor

I’m just now reading the reviews for the TS. So far, a few explain what they don’t like but others need lessons on how to review. 

I found it interesting to read one person’s review that the Sea Salt has an overpowering, strong scent. I found the scent of the Sea Salt body butter to be soft and subtle & the shower gel had very little noticeable scent at all. So it is a roll of the dice... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3wrote:

I’m just now reading the reviews for the TS. So far, a few explain what they don’t like but others need lessons on how to review. 

I found it interesting to read one person’s review that the Sea Salt has an overpowering, strong scent. I found the scent of the Sea Salt body butter to be soft and subtle & the shower gel had very little noticeable scent at all. So it is a roll of the dice... 

@willdob3Some reviewers also comment on the scent but don't mention which scent(s) they got !!

Esteemed Contributor

@cactuscromwellwrote:

I have been using Korres for 20+ years. I have liked all but one scent.I bought 2 sets this time.Both seem fine .I am not happy that the body wash is half the size of the original and the lotion is 1 oz smaller. This was never mentioned.So it what not the value I thought it was.

The shower gel isn't quite half- approx 8 1/2 oz vs  approx 13 1/2 oz in most of their other showr gels. Korres sometimes offers the 8-ish oz size in their bigger 'value' kits (which then aren't quite the value!), I've shopped them  long enough to check the website before I buy.  I rehecked and all their olive oil products are the ts size- or smaller in the 'discovery'  kind of kits.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the Sea Salt one and reviewed it.  To me this shower gel is super faint in terms of smell....and doesn't last afterward.  The body lotion is just a tad more but again it's a super light scent and fades quickly which for me it PERFECT LOL!  There is zero floral smell to it also...can't imagine what that other reviewer was smelling that said it was strong and flowery....not at all.  I picked this one due to it not having any flowery notes in it.  I get very bad headaches immediately if a strong scent is used.  I would recommend the Sea Salt one for sure.  This was my 1st purchase of Korres and it worked out well.  

As far as gifting this to someone....I would only do the Sea Salt to be honest unless you know for sure someone likes strong flowery scents or the original in this line.  

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention before that I purchase 2 of the Korres 10 piece body butter collection I think it was a tsv 584-760 that way I get to try most of the scents and these are perfect to carry in your handbag.  I started buying 2 expecting to give one as a gift but kept both...LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1wrote:

I forgot to mention before that I purchase 2 of the Korres 10 piece body butter collection I think it was a tsv 584-760 that way I get to try most of the scents and these are perfect to carry in your handbag.  I started buying 2 expecting to give one as a gift but kept both...LOL.

@Luvitorleaveit1 I contacted Korres about the olive oil scents -  and they said they were going to have olive oil kits like this in the fall.

Respected Contributor

Well now it has an average of 3.1 rating with about half good/half not so good.