Respected Contributor

Favorite volumizing/bodybuilding hair products

I know this was covered in a thread on the old forums but I can't find it! Please share your favorite volumizing products. I'm taking a break from Wen...love it but all of a sudden my hair feels dirty and gunky and looks dull. I'm going to use Shear Splendor shampoo/conditioner for a little while so I need some styling product recommendations. Please no suggestions on how to tweak Wen to try to get it to work for me again. I'm taking a break from it, and will try it again in the future. Simply looking for volumizing styling product recs. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite volumizing/bodybuilding hair products

Don't hate me for recommending a WEN product, but you may like the WEN styling products for all the reasons I hate them. The WEN styling creams and the mousse leave my hair light and full of volume. I have wavy/curly hair and they leave my hair wavy and full of volume, but don't define my curls. I use products that are heavier and don't give me volume and prefer them to the WEN styling products. If you've tried the cleansing conditioner but not the styling products, you may find you like those more than the cleansing conditioner.

Respected Contributor

I do, indeed, use Wen styling products. So I'm definitely looking for alternatives at this point.
Contributor

I have fairly thin and fine hair and I am loving the Suave Volume Luxe Style Infusion that was recommended on a thread here a few weeks ago.  Also, when I had my hair cut a few days ago my stylist used a new Aveda product and I believe it was the Thickening Tonic..  It worked well also.  The Suave is less expensive but I could not tell much difference between that and Aveda,  although I do love Aveda producsts too.  Good luck in your search.

Contributor

I like the Organix Thick and Full line with biotin and collagen. I started using it when my hair started to fall out from thyroid issues. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Regular Contributor

The Suave Volume Luxe Style Infusion is my favorite! It is so inexpensive and it works really well on my hair!

Honored Contributor

I am a fan of aquage thickening spray gel.  You spray on damp hair & dry -- it really works plus there is no build up.  I also use Biotin  Complex thickening shampoo by avalon organics under $10.  Both are excellent products -- the aquage costs more $22 I believe but it lasts a long time and so worth it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Don't hate me for recommending a WEN product, but you may like the WEN styling products for all the reasons I hate them. The WEN styling creams and the mousse leave my hair light and full of volume. I have wavy/curly hair and they leave my hair wavy and full of volume, but don't define my curls. I use products that are heavier and don't give me volume and prefer them to the WEN styling products. If you've tried the cleansing conditioner but not the styling products, you may find you like those more than the cleansing conditioner.

Ditto the 'Don't Hate me'.  I have straight, straight hair and I love WEN Styling Cream & Mousse.  They give me lift and shine and with a round brush and dryer I can get curl.

Best wishes finding something you love. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, Rachb. Smiley Happy

Nick Chavez makes some volumizing/body building hair products. So I'll post some here for you.

----

Nick Chavez Advanced Plump 'N Thick Expander

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Hairspray

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Style Booster

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Styling Mist

Nick Chavez Amazon Hair Body Building Spray

Nick Chavez Horsetail Root Lifting Spray

Nick Chavez Traditions Aloe Volumizing Gel Whip

Nick Chavez Volumizing Extra Hold Hairspray

Nick Chavez Traditions Volumizer Extreme Body Builder

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

Hey, Rach!! Well, I use about a billion different products, but I have a few I love. I don't use them all at the same time, but use a various combo, depending on how much I want to put into my hair. Smiley Wink I like Aquage root lifting foam for roots. I've stuck with it for a few years now. For the length of my hair, I use It's a 10 leave-in (not for volumizing, but just so you know what I'm working with), then either use Suave luxe thickening spray (if I'm blowdrying - it works best if you blow dry it!), or Living Proof Thickening Cream. I sometimes put a little Lea Journo Sea Salt Spray on for a little texture or (don't slap me!!) WEN Volumizing Spray. Both give hair some grip, but doesn't leave it sticky or gunky. 2-3 squirts for my whole head. On second day hair, I often use dry shampoo. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you I've probably tried 20 different ones, and my favorites are Amika and Stila (that one is a powder, and I'm obsessed with it PLUS the scents are absolutely awesome, and make your hair smell great!) I will also sometimes use Lea Journo petit poudre to add extra fullness to the roots after its been curled, but lots of companies make hair powder for texture and volume. BE CAREFUL when using, bc a little goes a looooooooong way!! Sorry if I threw out too much info, but HTH!