Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite tinted facial SPF

My dermatologist recommended Skinceuticals SPF50.  It is a light tinted liquid.  I use IT Celebration foundation over it on an everyday basis.

Honored Contributor

I don't put a lot of stock in a tinted SPF since SPF is supposed to be reapplied every couple of hours. Who really does that unless they're at the community pool or the beach?  I think many people put on their tinted SPF moisturizer or BB cream w/SPF when they first get ready for the day, and that's it.  I do use the Bare Minerals Rescue Cream w/SPF 30, because I like it for a quick, easy face. I don't count on it if I'm going to be out in the sun for long periods or all day.  For those times, I keep an spf powder with me that I can reapply as needed.  That said, I believe a little sun is good for us so I will go outside barefaced if I'm going to be out for short intervals or lower intensity times.  

Frequent Contributor

Been using Dr. Denese  SPF 30 Defense Day cream for a few months. But I find I still use a foundation on top to get the coverage I want. Too much for summer! Just received Laura Geller Better Than Bare SPF50 Tinted Moisturizer yesterday and am giving it a whirl. I ordered one shade too dark but it's forgiving. Use a buff brush. I do like it even though I don't necessarily feel it's moisturizing. Also 1.48 oz. will deplete rapidly if used daily. $36 is a lot for so little product. May try Josie Marin's argon formula. Has anyone else used that?

Honored Contributor

I am now using Mad Hippie Skin Serum tinted SPF 25, very thin and no real coverage, but the ingredients are CLEAN and all mineral sunscreen, so for me that is the selling point.  

Frequent Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch This is true. Was just thinking about this recently myself. Most all of the "beauty brands" say reapply every 2 hours, or after getting wet, sweating, etc.  So I also wonder how effective some of these products are if used only once when first applying in the morning, like I currently do.

Respected Contributor

Tower 28 which is sold at Sephora.  It is clean beauty and works as my foundation since it has a good amount of coverage.

Valued Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I agree ColorScience is great . I have used it for several years . Recently I purchased the Tower 28 Sunny Days tinted sunscreen . I really like it  . It comes in 14 shades . I have sensitive acne prone skin . Tower 28 sunscreen has received the National seal of acceptance by the Eczema society . I still have to wear masks at work  ,so I need something that is gentle and won't irritate my skin or clog my pores  . This is fragrance free, alcohol free,non comedegenic , cruelty free ,and vegan .

Valued Contributor

I use Clinique City Block (green tube) in the summer and Bare Minerals complexion rescue all other times of the year. It is a smidge too moisturizing (read: oily) for me in humidity but provides excellent coverage for my dark spots and evening out of skin tone.