Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite powder foundation and why?

I've been using Bare Minerals for years!  I put on my moisturizer first - OLAY Complete / Broad Spectrum SPF 15, yes, that's the only moisturizer I've ever used.  Let that set and then apply the original Bare Minerals Loose Powder Foundation / Broad Spectrum SPF 15.  I also use the original Loose Powder Concealer.  I have some tiny spider veins (or broken capillaries) on my face and the concealer makes them disappear.  That's it, only two steps.  I like all the good-for-your-skin stuff that is in Bare Minerals.  Also, Bare Minerals has a Loose Powder Matte Foundation that may work better with your oily skin.  I deal with southern humid summers as well - live in Georgia.  Good luck with your search!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Pur Cosmetics 4-in-1 pressed mineral foundation. It's hydrating on my skin...contains ceramides, shea butter, vitamin E and no drying talc.

I apply the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Liquid Sunscreen, let it dry a bit then blot it before I apply the foundation powder. That Neutrogena sunscreen makes a great primer...it keeps my foundation looking good the whole day through. The key is to blot it before you apply powder and that way nothing settles.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have oily sensitive skin with redness, I use IT powder in the black compact & the new Bye Bye Redness powder. Fails...Geller B&B, broke my skin out. BM original, rash from the bismuth. BM matte has no bismuth but colors off. And many more fails. There are some I'd like to try but have ingredients I can't use, bismuth & those that end with cone are a big no.

Respected Contributor

Laura Geller Baked Elements is my holy grail product.  It is better than balance and brighten, IMO.  I buy this stuff in bulk.

Honored Contributor

I use sunscreen first then let it dry completely & then use Lancôme Dual Finish foundation.

The sunscreen has to dry to prevent it from causing the powder to slide.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

laura geller b & b.  i pop it on over a tiny bit of foundation and it gives me a almost an airbrushed look.   

Valued Contributor

Jane Iredale.  It matches my skin perfetly.  Is great coverage over my concealer and primer.  It doesn't make my skin itch at all, and doesn't oxidize.  I have several shades for different times of the year.  Love, love, love.  I have tried and periodically use some brands I have sitting around.  Everything else oxidizes on me and/or makes me itch.  

Respected Contributor

same here

Respected Contributor

Hands down....Jane IredaleHeart I have used this brand for many years. Stays put even in the hot summer.

Honored Contributor

I've been wearing Bare Minerals for years, but at 68 I now only wear it in summer. Coverage is good and it does not accentuate my lines and wrinkles.