Respected Contributor

Favorite powder foundation and why?

I have older but still a little oily (especially in Southern humid summers) skin.  I find that I cannot stand to put on my skincare and then the tinted sunscreen and then another layer of foundation and then powder to set.  I find all that does is run into my lines and wrinkles.  So I have found that skipping the liquid or cream foundation and setting powder and going to a powder foundation after the sunscreen works best for me.   I use the IT celebration foundation and it is okay but always on the hunt for something better......Any suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite powder foundation and why?

@chiclet 

I use this sunscreen:

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Face Sunscreen, SPF 70, 1.4 fl. oz, Multicolor

and this :

from Clinique

Perfectly Real™ Compact Makeup

They both work well for me.  Both are very light but provide good coverage.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Contributor

I too am a little older with oily skin.  I use Laura Geller baked foundation.  It does not settle into lines and wrinkles and lasts all day.  I use her white setting powder half way through the day to take down any shine.  I have used it for years.  I have tried several other foundations but always return to LG.  She has great products.

Respected Contributor

I use the Laura Geller baked foundation. As long as I use a very light hand with it, it works perfectly for me. I don't put a lot of other stuff on my face before applying it. Just moisturizer. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

I use Laura Mercier's and Laura Geller's, but my absolute favorite is MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. It gives me a perfect finish every time. It's the only one I've ever repurchased.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

@chiclet  I'm 64, still have oily t-zone. I've used Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten for years, love that stuff! The IT Celebration foundation did not work well for me at all. Looked gorgeous when first applied, but by midday it would separate into little patches, especially in the t-zone. I tried it with & without primer, different moisturizers, nothing worked.

B & B doesn't settle in my fine lines--whether I wear it alone, or over a cream foundation. Coverage is buildable, too, and the shades are forgiving...I can wear Fair or Light. Even wore Medium (Regular) when it first came out and that was the only shade available!

Honored Contributor

I use a private label (Southern Magnolia Minerals) loose mineral powder or Laura Geller Baked Elements. I like the way the loose minerals can be applied lightly.  I usually use it as a setting powder over BB/CC cream. It's been awhile since I tried the Baked Elements as a solo foundation, I should do that again.  I usually take it along for touch ups, if needed.  I didn't like IT Celebration Foundation, it seemed to oxidize after being on my skin for awhile and it also developed a film over the top of the compact that I'd have to scrape away from time to time.  

Respected Contributor

I'm still a Bare Minerals original lady.  Love the natural look

Valued Contributor

I'm right there with you! I use Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Laura Geller's Balance & Brighton is an all in one multi task powder. I swear by it. It doesn't fall into the fine lines and wrinkles or look cakey. It lasts and lasts.