Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite nail polishes for spring

I love getting a pedi every 2 wks. I justify the expense since I've never (NEVER) had a manicure...not for my wedding or either of my children's weddings. 😢

In my profession, the polish wouldn't stay for an hour. I do wear gloves (tight surgeon like gloves) when I can, but I need to "feel" the edges of the metal when filing smooth and polishing. 

My cuticles have to be kept pushed back (never cut) and I lotion & oil my cuticles/nails every nite to prevent infections. Cuts & splits are treated w/ polysporin.

One day, when I make a commitment not to be in my studio for 2 wks., I'd love to have a manicure...maybe gel. Maybe even OPI RED which is my year round pedi shade.

Honored Contributor

Just got a mani yesterday with OPI Funny Bunny:

funny bunny.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mj12

I love that color and it would be perfect for a pedicure.  I usually wear a neutral color so it doesn't clash with my sandals.  Occasonally I'll do something "wild", (usually when the GDs are here) but it will be removed within a day or too.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@Mj12

I love that color and it would be perfect for a pedicure.  I usually wear a neutral color so it doesn't clash with my sandals.  Occasonally I'll do something "wild", (usually when the GDs are here) but it will be removed within a day or too.

Hi @lulu2 if you choose that color sometime - just a heads up - you'll want 4 coats for full coverage.  : )

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

@Mj12

Hi @lulu2 if you choose that color sometime - just a heads up - you'll want 4 coats for full coverage.  : )

@Mj12

That's the problem with many of those white/cream colors.  It takes too many coats.  The opaque whites look like White-Out on your nails. I have Zoya Genesis that takes 3 coats and has a sparkle to it.

Respected Contributor

IMG_4439.JPG

Respected Contributor

My new spring favorite. Name is TGIF. Wears great! Got it in Ulta

Esteemed Contributor

Very pretty.  Reminds me of a turquoise shade I got years ago.

I saw a video and she said she needed 4 coats to get it opague, and that it was quite scented for days!

So many pretty blues now.  I love them.

Honored Contributor

Love OPI  Wonka Wanka.  Perfect blue based red.  OPI is at Bed, Bath and Beyond front wall opposite end from the door if you've been looking for it.

Respected Contributor

@SANNA  That's exactly the shade I like in summer. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )