Super Contributor

Favorite nail polishes for spring

It's time to break out of my rut of fall/winter dark burgundies, greiges, blues, etc. I have quite a collection but I like to add to it every season. I need some inspiration! I'm not loving the colors in Essie's spring 2017 collection. What are your favorite spring/summer polish colors? I prefer Essie and OPI but I'm open to other brands if the color is awesome.
Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite nail polishes for spring

Just the other day I moved my spring/summer nail polish colors to the front of the drawer. 3 come to mind and they are Orly-Fancy Fuschia, OPI-LiveLoveCarnival and Essie-Play Date. I'm so ready for the bright and beautiful colors. I need to look at the China Glaze website and see what they have as far as new colors. 

Honored Contributor

I don't like a lot of the deep colors, so I mostly wear brights all year. I love corals, turquoises, fuchisias, and purples.

Here are some of my favorite Essie colors: Cute as a Button (coral pink), Turquoise and Caicos, Where's My Chauffer (turquoise), Play Date (purple), Mod Square (bright pink).

Color Club Pucci-licious is one of my favorite purples

Honored Contributor

I had a manicure and pedicure this AM.  I went from Zoya Ashley to Zoya Jill.  It's time for me to go lighter. (but I prefer the darker shades)

Zoya Jill Swatch Zoya Naturel 3 Collection Swatches

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't like a lot of the deep colors, so I mostly wear brights all year. I love corals, turquoises, fuchisias, and purples.

Here are some of my favorite Essie colors: Cute as a Button (coral pink), Turquoise and Caicos, Where's My Chauffer (turquoise), Play Date (purple), Mod Square (bright pink).

Color Club Pucci-licious is one of my favorite purples

@ChynnaBlue I'm going to check out the Cute as a Button and Mod Square. I've not heard or seen the brand Color Club so I'm going to search that one also. Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

I had a manicure and pedicure this AM.  I went from Zoya Ashley to Zoya Jill.  It's time for me to go lighter. (but I prefer the darker shades)

Zoya Jill Swatch Zoya Naturel 3 Collection Swatches

Why go lighter if you prefer darker shades?

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue  I googled the Color Club and it says it's sold at Walmart, but of course not at my local Walmart. I'm gonna look on the Color Club website. Thanks for the recommendation. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Many people like myself prefer darker shades in the winter and fall months and like to go lighter in spring and summer.

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle I'm one of those many people!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always do my own pedi's. I love the Sally Hanson line, it lasts 6 weeks on my feet, perfectly.  I just got a couple, a light lavendar and light apricot, going subtle.  Save loads of money!  💕👏🏼👍🏼