Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown makes a translucent setting powder. I think it's the best. So fine, no glimmer or shine and does not settle into lines, etc. It just makes my skin look better. Hope you have the same good luck that I did.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Bobbi Brown makes a translucent setting powder. I think it's the best. So fine, no glimmer or shine and does not settle into lines, etc. It just makes my skin look better. Hope you have the same good luck that I did.

@Fressa Could you please give me the name of that powder?  I would really appreciate it

I'm presently using her "sheer power" and it's anything but sheer.  The first time I used it, I got SO much on the brush I looked like I had gotten powder dumped on me.

Honored Contributor

I love Bye Bye Pores loose powder or in the compact.  Both are terrific.

Valued Contributor

I'm loving the Maybelline Fit Me loose powder in the square box.  I also like the transluscent silicone powders.  Right now, NYX is my pick.  I was using ELF for a while, but it didn't have enough oil controlling power.  My skin is oily right now with the weather change.  The Fit Me has good reviews, and really surprised me.  I use a lot of powder, and have not been willing to invest in high dollar ones lately.  I have the IT bye bye pores loose powder, and it's ok.  I rarely use it because it doesn't seem to set or control anything.  And I use Jane Iredale pressed foundation every day.  

Honored Contributor

IT Bye-Bye Pores.  I like the regular & the illuminating (used with a light hand of course).  It really gives an air-brushed look.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

@Fressa Could you please give me the name of that powder?  I would really appreciate it

I'm presently using her "sheer power" and it's anything but sheer.  The first time I used it, I got SO much on the brush I looked like I had gotten powder dumped on me.

@ECBG  Used to use her yellow powder in compact. Very good. Not yellow on application. Gives a good finish. 

Esteemed Contributor

The powder that I'm using is called "translucent setting powder" and is white in color in the container. It goes on clear on your skin so don't be alarmed. It's softer than silk and just seems to melt into your sking. It just makes your skin look like yours but better. I have never had another product like it. A little bit goes a long way and it lasts and lasts both on your face and in the compact.

I think I first got mine in a mini kit that was concealer, foundation and settting powder. Later I ordered just the setting powder because you can use it with any foundation.

Hope this helps you. If QVC/HSN doesn't have it in the inventory the BB website might.

Good Luck. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite loose powder?

[ Edited ]

Hourglass

Dermablend

By Terry

It Cosmetics loose 

I also still really like BE Mineral Veil

Valued Contributor
Wow...thank you ladies for all your suggestions! I am looking into each and every one 🥰
Honored Contributor

@Swedishmiss   Check out Laura Mercier.

kindness is strength