Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite facial scrub/exfoliator?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee  -  The Revlon Microdermabrasion Wand arrived yesterday and I used it last night.  My face is so incredibly smooth this morning.  I'm so glad you mentioned this dupe as I almost paid 60 for the Bee Stunning tool on HSN.   Thank you.

This is what I love about this forum -  Everyone sharing ideas on different products.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SilleeMee  -  The Revlon Microdermabrasion Wand arrived yesterday and I used it last night.  My face is so incredibly smooth this morning.  I'm so glad you mentioned this dupe as I almost paid 60 for the Bee Stunning tool on HSN.   Thank you.

This is what I love about this forum -  Everyone sharing ideas on different products.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal 

OH wow! I'm so glad you like that Revlon tool. I was afraid it might be too harsh. I, too, almost bought the Bee Stunning face tool until I found the Revlon tool. However, I did buy the Bee Stunning tool for the body and I love that one just as much. I had a $20-off coupon, free sh plus there were 5 FlexPays that day.Woman Wink

Something I've noticed after using the tools is that my skin feels tighter/firmer...? Whatever the case I still love those tools!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

OH wow! I'm so glad you like that Revlon tool. I was afraid it might be too harsh. I, too, almost bought the Bee Stunning face tool until I found the Revlon tool. However, I did buy the Bee Stunning tool for the body and I love that one just as much. I had a $20-off coupon, free sh plus there were 5 FlexPays that day.Woman Wink

Something I've noticed after using the tools is that my skin feels tighter/firmer...? Whatever the case I still love those tools!

Oh man, now I'm curious.   How often are you supposed to use the tool?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They say 2 to 3 times weekly. I do it 2 times a week, very lightly. Makes my face feel like a baby's behind. Products absorb in a snap. Don't use AHA right afterwards, however...might want to experiment with that part.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  - You've got me curious now.  How do you use it - dampened face or with a cleanser or?  Do you use circular motions or more like a swipe (for lack of a better word) across the face.

I could see me using this rather than expensive peels or masks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL wrote:

@SilleeMee  - You've got me curious now.  How do you use it - dampened face or with a cleanser or?  Do you use circular motions or more like a swipe (for lack of a better word) across the face.

I could see me using this rather than expensive peels or masks.

@JudyL 

The Revlon Microdermabrasion Tool is used on clean dry skin. Dampen the tool with water and then swipe (in one direction) each section of the face starting in the center in an outward direction.  Do only one section at a time. If your skin can handle it, the tool can also be used while dry on clean dry skin for a more thorough exfoliation. You control the pressure and the number of times each sweep. Use it no more than 3 times a week only if you have not gotten sensitive from using it the first and/or second time(s).

The tool is addicting b/c it makes your skin feel so smooth. But be cautious of using it too much b/c you will end up with over-exfoliated skin.

Honored Contributor

The Revlon tool, and also the Bee Stunning tools, must be kept very clean in order for it to work at it's best. If you can't see it twinkling and sparkling (like diamonds!) then wash it with a toothbrush, Dawn liquid and hot water. I wash mine after each use.

Honored Contributor

I loved the original Exfolikate and have never found another that I like as well, not even hers.  Darn you, plastic beads !

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They say 2 to 3 times weekly. I do it 2 times a week, very lightly. Makes my face feel like a baby's behind. Products absorb in a snap. Don't use AHA right afterwards, however...might want to experiment with that part.

I just added one to my Amazon subscription for January's delivery.  Not that it needs to be on a subscription, but I saved a little doing that and will adjust the future shipping. Maybe I'll need a replacement in six months 🤷‍♀️.   I have a brand new tube of Vasanti so now I have to decide if I want to keep it or return it.  If the Revlon tool is so good, I don't really need to continue with the Vasanti, even though it's a great product.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Do you use the Revlon Microdermabrasion Wand morning or night?  If using at night is it advisable to skip the retinol or stick with usual nightly routine?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.