Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite drugstore beauty finds are ?

@just bee wrote:

Lil' Scrubbies Facial Cleaning Pads, 2 count - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Keep one at the sink and one in the shower.

I found these in a dollar store.  They are fantastic!

But, the L'oreal Telescopic mascara?  I loved the look of the tube, and the picture showed a pink bristle brush.  The actual product that shipped had a black plastic brush that is unuseable.  I have to use another brush.  Kind of spoils the whole thing.  Nice black 'scara, though.

Trusted Contributor

I have been inspired by your responses to this thread. I don't use drugstore makeup because I have always been a makeup snob.I went online and watched youtube videos by a woman named, Alli Glines, who had a lot of good information and demonstrations of drugstore makeup. I made a list of items that I would like to try right now.  So, I went to Walmart and bought a few items to try I bought:

~Burt's Bees powder blush in Shy Pink

~Burt's Bees cream blush in Guava Meringue

~e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer in Universal Sheer

~Maybelline Master Primer in Blur and Smooth

~e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer in Fair Warm (Some said this was a good dupe for Nars Concealer in Madeline, which is what I am currently using and don't want to purchase again due to the price)

~Milani Make it Last Matte Finish Spray

~Burt's Bees Cream Eyeshadow in Caramel Buttercream ( want to see if this can replace what I am using now MAC Paintpot in Vintage)

~ a Generic super blender sponge (do you use these dry?)

~ 2 e.l.f. brushes Angled blush brush (like It Cosmetics one that sells for $48) and Flawless Face for highlighter. These brushes were $4! So, tomorrow I will do my face and try these out to compare.

Honored Contributor

Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm in My Pink. (Wish they didn't have to call it Baby Lips, but whatever.)

My Pink a very subtle pH based stain in a lip balm. The other colors don't do that. It's light and subtle enough that I don't have to look in a mirror putting it on. Applying it repeatedly every day has added some color to my lips all the time, even when I first wake up in the morning. Love it!

And it is super super super cheap for a pH stain balm.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Nick and Nora wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Lil' Scrubbies Facial Cleaning Pads, 2 count - Walmart.com - Walmart.com

Keep one at the sink and one in the shower.

I found these in a dollar store.  They are fantastic!

@Nick and Nora 

Aren't they? Heart

I was using Konjac sponges on my face, but they were becoming harder to find and the quality of the ones I was finding was increasingly poor so I needed an alternative.

Found these at our Walmart Neighborhood Market.  Cheap and effective.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use LUMIFY (otc) on my lower waterlines to get rid of the redness there. That does wonders for how your eye makeup looks overall. I apply it with a liner brush.

Then I use the same LUMIFY on my face to get rid of some redness, broken caps and red dots I have on my cheeks. It works so well that I don't need concealer. LUMIFY contains an active ingredient which is found in some Rx redness-reducing topicals for rosacea. In case you're wondering...Visine won't work. Has to be LUMIFY.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Alba Botanica Shower Gels (haven't tried one I don't like)

Alba Botanica Body Lotion (Very Emollient Max)

e.l.f. Brow Pencil

e.l.f. Putty Primer

MILANI Blush

MILANI Eyeshadow Primer

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil 

Because of your recommendation, @SilleeMee, I bought an Alba body wash in French Lavender-- very nice, pleasing scent. 😊

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Alba Botanica Shower Gels (haven't tried one I don't like)

Alba Botanica Body Lotion (Very Emollient Max)

e.l.f. Brow Pencil

e.l.f. Putty Primer

MILANI Blush

MILANI Eyeshadow Primer

Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer

Palmer's Skin Therapy Cleansing Oil 

Because of your recommendation, @SilleeMee, I bought an Alba body wash in French Lavender-- very nice, pleasing scent. 😊

@tansy 

That's great! I'm happy you like it. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

I was just thinking of trying this for my eyes.  Allergies.  But I wear contacts too.  Have you used in your eyes daily??  And, I'm going to buy it, just for my cheeks!  lol

Honored Contributor

@Dar321 wrote:

I was just thinking of trying this for my eyes.  Allergies.  But I wear contacts too.  Have you used in your eyes daily??  And, I'm going to buy it, just for my cheeks!  lol

@Dar321 

I use the Lumify probably a few times a week in my eyes when I leave the house. I don't see the point of using it when I'm at home alone. Lumify can be used before putting in contacts. Just have to wait 10 minutes.