Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite drugstore beauty finds are ?

I'm not a drugstore beauty buyer, but one item I do like (and need a new one come to think of it) is the Real Techniques make-up sponges.  I've used them and the $20 Beauty Blender & actually like the Real Techniques better.  It seems to have a longer life and cleans up better.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

DH can’t use anything that is scented, so Basis bar soap has been a Godsend for him. Even Ivory causes his skin to react. His shampoo was a script that was $45 so now he uses the Basis to wash his hair also...works even better than the script one.
Honored Contributor

I used Colorstay lipstick when it first came out, but it wrecks my lips since it is so drying. Have tried all the long-wear lipsticks...no luck.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I'm not a drugstore beauty buyer, but one item I do like (and need a new one come to think of it) is the Real Techniques make-up sponges.  I've used them and the $20 Beauty Blender & actually like the Real Techniques better.  It seems to have a longer life and cleans up better.

@SurferWife 

Real Techniques makes some of the best makeup brushes, too. I have a few different ones. My fave is their blush brush.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Really?!  Wow, thanks for letting me know.  I had no clue.  Now I really need to go to Target...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@SloopJohnB I have used Maybelline great lash since it came out. While I have other mascaras, I go back to this fairly often.

I don't get to the inside of a drug store very much these days, but I'd have to say tweezerman tweezers are what I most regularly buy there.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KLm  Yes, same here.  I started using Great Lash since I was a teen.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I am so glad to see others’ faves from the drugstore. I have found so many new favorites I would never have tried before.
Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Revolution contour palette
Physicians Formula butter bronzer
Ulta eye shadow primer
No 7 lift and luminate powder

@RollTide2008 I LOVE the No 7 Lift and Luminate Powder.  I have tried a ton of high end and drug store powders over the years and this is one of my favorites.  It's my favorite to use under my eyes over concealer.  It's also great as a face powder.  The Butter Bronzer is also great.  Definitely the best drug store bronzer I've ever tried.

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

My favorite mascaras are L'Oreal ~

Telescopic

Lash Paradise 

Unlimited (with the weird bendy wand)

Voluminous

I'm thinking I might try Bambi Eye next (despite the name!) and I see there are two votes for Maybelline. Maybe I'll try that for a change of pace.

I also watch a youtuber who swears by Ponds. She uses the cold cream for cleansing. A hundred years is a long time--it might be time to check out their products too. Smiley Happy

@SusieQ_2 The Unlimited mascara is one of my all time favorites.  I don't use the wand in the bent position, but it does everything I like in a mascara.  It lengthens, thickens, keeps the curl, never flakes and is easy to remove.  I like Lash Paradise too, but it dries out so quickly.  The Unlimited lasts a long time and never gets flaky or clumpy.