Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite cleanser/makeup remover?

Since I was a kid, I've always used a good ole terrycloth washcloth to wash my face.  When I have on makeup, I use a wet washcloth to wipe off as much makeup from my face and eyes as I can prior to using a cleanser.  (when traveling, I use either a Pond's or Neutrogena wipe for this step because I don't want to get makeup on hotel's white washclothes)  

Anyway, wipe off all the excess makeup with a wet terrycloth, then apply a cleanser and wash, either with my hands or a clean washcloth.   Pond's cold cream is honestly the best for removing makeup.  I also use several other cleansers in rotation (whatever I have a coupon for):  Neutrogena in the blue pump bottle, CereVe, Olay, Clean and Clear, to name a few.   Sorry, but I don't pay attention to what's made in China, paraben-free, or animal tested.  (I can hear some of you gasping in horror)    If it works well for me, I use it. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Splashing water: Dr. Sebagh Foaming Cleanser. Takes everything off and does not dry out my dry, sensitive skin.

With washcloth: Elimis or Declear Balm. Magical stuff. I do NOT use them on my eyes, however.

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@just bee

I love your signature line.

Kelpie

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom

Mary Kay Cleansing Cream, Formula 1.

Takes off everything at once.

Leaves my skin clean, pore-less looking... easy

I use the rough terry washcloths (white) from WM 20 for $10.  This helps me "scrub" the areas that need exfoliation.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@just bee,

My sweet golden has gone to the rainbow bridge. She changed me forever and I miss her more than anyone will ever know.golden-retriever-angel.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@just bee,

My sweet golden has gone to the rainbow bridge. She changed me forever and I miss her more than anyone will ever know.golden-retriever-angel.jpg

It never gets easier.  We know what we're in for the second we see those brown eyes, but we go right ahead and do it again.

Have you ever read Charles Krauthammer's essay about Chester?

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,457373,00.html

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee,

HeartThat story is so very sweet. Thank you for sharing it.Heart

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@just bee,

HeartThat story is so very sweet. Thank you for sharing it.Heart

Pass it on!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish people would read the OPs orginal post as she did request cruelty free. Many of these suggestions contain products that are not cruelty free, such as Huggies, Mary Kay, Olay, Clean and CLear, Dove, DHC, Clinique, Neutrogena, etc.

Perhaps @rnmom you can edit your title and include cruelty free in it so more people will notice since they must not have read your criteria?

I love One Love organics cleansing oil but and have used it for some years now but it isn't consider cheap to most. One bottle lasts me a long time because I only use it at night to remove all my makeup and I always get it on sale so it is definitely worth the price to me. It also removes all my makeup so no need for multiple steps, which I like because I am all about simplification in my beauty routine.

Good luck- hope you find something you love and awesome you are trying to go the cruelty free route! Heart

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I wish people would read the OPs orginal post as she did request cruelty free. Many of these suggestions contain products that are not cruelty free, such as Huggies, Mary Kay, Olay, Clean and CLear, Dove, DHC, Clinique, Neutrogena, etc.

Perhaps @rnmom you can edit your title and include cruelty free in it so more people will notice since they must not have read your criteria?

I love One Love organics cleansing oil but and have used it for some years now but it isn't consider cheap to most. One bottle lasts me a long time because I only use it at night to remove all my makeup and I always get it on sale so it is definitely worth the price to me. It also removes all my makeup so no need for multiple steps, which I like because I am all about simplification in my beauty routine.

Good luck- hope you find something you love and awesome you are trying to go the cruelty free route! Heart

Point well taken.  That is why I included Kimberly-Clark's position on animal-testing in my post.  I suggested a regimen; I imagine an alternative wipe is out there somewhere.