Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite brand of makeup brushes???

@Pook wrote:

I've tried so many and found the Artis brushes are the best by far.  There are so many different sizes and shapes that work for everything.  

I agree, once I tried Artis brushes that was it.  Sometimes HSN has good deals on them.

libby's folly
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus So glad you posted this because I wanted to say Merci mon amie for the guidance you gave me regarding brushes (didn't know if I could reply in the old threads).  I love the BB & Trish ones you suggested.  Love them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Shanus So glad you posted this because I wanted to say Merci mon amie for the guidance you gave me regarding brushes (didn't know if I could reply in the old threads).  I love the BB & Trish ones you suggested.  Love them.

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour. So happy those brushes are working well for you. A good brush makes all the difference in application, doesn’t it?

Respected Contributor

Per usual ,I go high/low. There are lots of great ones. I use Wayne Goss, Sigma, MAC, IT Cosmetics, Elf. I also got a great set last year after Christmas on clearance from Wet n Wild. When you buy sets, it varies on what may or may not work...so on those I edit/declutter!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

yI love IT brushes. I also love the brush spray. You do not have to wait for the brush to dry.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian   Bonjour. So happy those brushes are working well for you. A good brush makes all the difference in application, doesn’t it?

@Shanus A quality brush makes the world of difference in application.  Plus, with my super cranky/sensitive skin I have noticed the better brushes do not aggravate it.  A huge plus.  Since I'm extremely pale any aggravation displays as angry red.  Oy vey.  Happy Weekend!

Respected Contributor

Jane Iredale

I have had mine for many years and they are the best. Yes, a bit high priced but they are worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a big fan of Smashbox brushes.  A couple years ago tried Real Techniques and those brushes are terrific!  I've had a Smashbox #1 (the big powder brush) since 1998 and it is still fluffy and soft.  I stand my brushes up in a vanity container and clean them with shampoo or one of my facial cleansers.  

Trusted Contributor

My very favorite high end brushes are from Wayne Goss and Armani. Low end, Real techniques and several I got at the craft store in artist section.
Contributor

What is the best way to clean your brushes?