Valued Contributor

Favorite beauty tip that you learned on these boards over the years ???

Years ago, Nurse Recruiter posted here on the boards to use the Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover on a daily basis to keep your cuticles under control.  This was a miracle tip for me and it is a miracle product for me.  Absolutely changed my manicures.  I had tried everything, including T.I.P.S.  Nothing worked as well as this.  Using it often is the key.  I put it on, leave it for one minute or so, message each cuticle with a damp washcloth, then rinse thoroughly.  I usually buy mine at CVS whenever I have a coupon.  I keep several bottles around the house and one in my desk at work so that I don't forget to use it.   Great product !!

What are your favorite tips ?  Your tips may have been posted before but lost when the boards were changed and might be new to others.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite beauty tip that you learned on these boards over the years ???

[ Edited ]

I have dry heels and tried all kinds of creams and lotions.  Someone posted that their doctor recommended Vick's Vapo Rub for the heels.  I tried it and it really works.  I'm really grateful for that tip! 

Respected Contributor

i never heard of isomers and copper p serum.  i learned about here along with its benefits and really love it. 

Super Contributor

OMG, my favorite, not so much of a beauty tip but a product is CeraVe hydrating cleanser. CeraVe moisturizing lotion and my husband uses CeraVe SA lotion on his feet. This has saved me so much money on trying things that didn't work. Even expensive name brands that I couldn't use on my face. Can't rember who told me about this but I'm screaming from the roof tops THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Also was told about Paulas Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm. I will never be without any of these products.
Respected Contributor

you can also use Neosporin cream for heels: it will seal over tiny cuts and cracks.  Then just moisturize before bedtime. It works.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@FUTURErecently recommended a Sonia eyeliner brush for applying gel or cream type liners and it is excellent!

Some ladies recommended Paula's Choice sunscreen- hydralight and skin recovery- and I love both these. I've used PC's products for years but for some reason never tried her sunscreens.

Someone recommended Paula's Choice mascara- FANtastic- and I love it! One of my favorites mascaras and doesn't break the bank.

Oil pulling method (using coconut oil) for healthier gums/teeth, whiter teeth. I had never heard of it before these boards. I've used coconut for many other things for years but never knew about this. I have excellent teeth, never had any pulled and not even a single cavity, and I'd like to keep them that way!

There may be more but those are a few I've thought of right away.

Super Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@FUTURErecently recommended a Sonia eyeliner brush for applying gel or cream type liners and it is excellent!

Some ladies recommended Paula's Choice sunscreen- hydralight and skin recovery- and I love both these. I've used PC's products for years but for some reason never tried her sunscreens.

Someone recommended Paula's Choice mascara- FANtastic- and I love it! One of my favorites mascaras and doesn't break the bank.

Oil pulling method (using coconut oil) for healthier gums/teeth, whiter teeth. I had never heard of it before these boards. I've used coconut for many other things for years but never knew about this. I have excellent teeth, never had any pulled and not even a single cavity, and I'd like to keep them that way!

There may be more but those are a few I've thought of right away.

hi hd.  oil pulling for whiter teeth?  vaguely remember this, plz share.   

Super Contributor

well one is...mr. rebates & ebates!!!!!!!!  saved lots of beauty $$$$

~smiles, SnowKita

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I read reviews here about Surgeon's Skin Secret sold here at QVC.  It's remarkable for dry, cracked and calloused feet.  I noticed a major improvement after one application.  

I buy the roll up solid, apply to clean heels/feet and put on clean cotton socks.  I've been loyal for years. 

Honored Contributor

Peeling off age spots with wart remover

♥Surface of the Sun♥