Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Tinted Moisturizer with SPF?

@jackthebear wrote:

@untitled wrote:

my favorite tinted moisturizer is Josie's protect and perfect. but usually I combine it with the untinted to get the perfect shade.

really wanted to like that but the color was too orange for me

the supersize is a great value but they only sell it in the tinted 

All of Josie's make-up,s turn orange on me.

Respected Contributor

I use NARS tinted moisturizer with SPF. I think it's going to boil down to what looks good on your particular skin though, so I don't know that random people's recommendations will work for you. It's something you have to find by trial and error. Once I find something that works, I won't stray from it. Go to Sephora or department store and ask for samples or try them on and see how they look in various lighting and whether it changes on you throughout the day.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, but with two important caveats:

1. I cannot use it to replace a moisturizer because it's not very effective as a moisturizer. (It might be if you have very oily skin.)
  2. I do not use it as my only SPF because that's not recommended by dermatologists.

So it's really just a lighter foundation and it's expensive.

Frankly, I've found that I get more bang for my buck if I just buy a sheerer foundation (I like Glossier's Skin Tint) OR mix my own tinted moisturizer by mixing a half pump of foundation and a  pump of an illuminating primer or liquid highlighter into some of my own moisturizer. That way I can customize every day for more or less coverage or luminosity.

Occasional Contributor

Josie Maran Protect SPf 47 ~ its nice ~ blurs inperfections !

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1.....what happened to the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer? It's gone?!?! I've used it for years and just needed to replenish my stash. No more???
Honored Contributor

@jlrbr  No, it is not gone.  I used the tinted moisturizer for quite a few years but the new owner definitely changed the ingredients because all of a sudden it oxidized on me so I had to move on.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

La roche posey,has great tinted moisturizers.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I have heard gret reviews on Sephora's brand of tinted moisturizer. And at a good price.

Valued Contributor

I have tried 5 or 6 different tinted moisturizers, both high end and drug store.  My favorite is BalmShelter by theBalm.  I do use a sunscreen underneath, as the SPF is only 18.

There are only a limited number of shades (4 I think) but they are fairly forgiving.  I can use either of the two lightest shades.

I have combination skin, and BalmShelter is not overly moisturizing (dry skin ladies might need an additional moisturizer).

It lasts all day and looks natural on my fair, mature skin.

theBalm has occasional 50% off everything sales, and I always wait to stock up then (bringing the price down to $12.50 for a generous size tube). HTH 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • The only tinted moisturizer I ever used was Ultima II, in mauvesse. It probably didn't have SPF, but who knows. It came in three colors: aquafleur (green), natural (pinkish), and mauvesse--a deep mauve in the bottle, which gave just enough color.

The consistency of this lotion was beautiful, it came in a big bottle, and it was very popular. Alas, Ultima II (as we knew it) disappeared and I never used a tinted moisturizer again.

But thanks for the memory!

What worries you masters you.