Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Tinted Moisturizer with SPF?

[ Edited ]

I was using Laura Mercier but the company was sold and they did something to the formula and it ozidized on me.  Now i have Urban Decay Naked

Skin that is very nice and I also purchased Philosophy's Skin Tint which they are discontinuing but I bought two because they were $19.  Check out Nordstrom Rack because they always have makeup marked down.

p.s.  No 7 at Target has a good tinted moisturizer too.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi  Brown has a great tinted moisturizer I'm using.  I bought it right here on the Q. It's very light and clean feeling with just a hint of color.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

Thanks to all of you for posting your favorite recommendations!  I really appreciate it!☺

Honored Contributor

@untitled wrote:

my favorite tinted moisturizer is Josie's protect and perfect. but usually I combine it with the untinted to get the perfect shade.

really wanted to like that but the color was too orange for me

the supersize is a great value but they only sell it in the tinted 

Honored Contributor

@barb40 wrote:

Hi...I'm looking for a tinted moisturizer with SPF...Please give your favorite recommendations, and where you purchase it...Thanks so much!

@barb40   Even though my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer is spot on color wise, it's only spf 15. I mix a bit of that of my hand w/ my spf 50 before application. You can do that w/ any tinted product. In fact, it's a better way to go unless you want to wear a tinted protect down your neck and chest and gets on your clothes...especially lighter colors. Having the additional separate spf, I can put that on areas I don't want colored makeup. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The American Cancer Society actually recommends using an spf 40 or higher all over hair line to bra line before any type foundation...even if it has a tinted moisturizer w/ spf. We never use enough foundation to product our faces. I use Neutrogena Hydroboost to either apply first and dry down and/or also add some to my tinted moisturizer. 

Respected Contributor

Maybelline DREAM URBAN COVER Broad spectrum spf 50.  I read about it, and figured I'd give it a try, just for a quick coverage when I'm not wanting to fuss with good makeup.   Well, surprisingly, I'm very impressed.  It comes in a tube, but it's more of a liquid in texture.  You can build if you want more.  Its natural looking, but has decent coverage as well.   I still apply a sunscreen before,  then apply this over it...just for extra protection since I don't go heavy with my foundation.   Cant beat the price.  Got mine at Walmart. 

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear 

yes- it just happens to oxidize quickly so depend on the freshness of the product - how dark the shade is. Which is why I adjust with the untinted version. I also think the untinted makes the tinted go on smoother - but that's just me.

in saying all that they are both my desert island products.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Perricone Face Finishing Tinted Moisturizer with an SPF of 30.  It's light and goes on evenly, leaving you with a very slight tan look or evening out your actual skin tone depending on the time of the year and your coloring.    

Esteemed Contributor

Dr.Denese day cream. It's the best for me.