Super Contributor

Favorite Nighttime Moisturizer?

I am all set on 99% of my skincare routine..but I cannot seem to find a good nighttime moisturizer. I'm 36 with combination skin and I thought the Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol was going to be enough, but it's feeling more like a treatment-only. My face feels slightly tight afterward.

On the flipside, my mom gave me some of her Olay Regenerist Microsculpting Cream and ugh..that stuff is WAY too heavy..feel like my skin is suffocating.

Can someone point me to a happy medium? Something I could use on top of my PC RESIST Moisturizer? I don't think it even needs to be treatment based y'know? Just nothing too heavy/greasy.

Super Contributor

Re: Favorite Nighttime Moisturizer?

Try something from her skin balancing line or Hydralight moisturizer. I like both moisturizers from Paula's skin balancing line. Or for drugstore brand I also like CeraVe moisturizers--not too heavy.

Super Contributor

You might like Skinn's Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse -- it's a gel/cream. I prefer something heavier (like Skinn's 24 Hour Cream -- think Crisco) but the DWP is lovely. Just not quite enough for me.

ETA: Dimitri believes creams where the first ingredient is water, eventually evaporate and that's why so often our skin can look dry after a while even though we're wearing moisturizer. Don't know if that's really important, but just throwing it out there.

Super Contributor

ASDM Beverly Hills has a lot of good moisturizers. I really like their Maximum Hydration cream and am thinking of ordering their Collagen cream.

Super Contributor

On 8/13/2014 FLsunlover said:

Try something from her skin balancing line or Hydralight moisturizer. I like both moisturizers from Paula's skin balancing line. Or for drugstore brand I also like CeraVe moisturizers--not too heavy.

Yeah I have tried samples of all PC's moisturizers (except Skin Recovery) and the only one that feels moisturizing enough is the Moisture Boost, which is out of stock booooo.

But yeah I was *just* looking at the Cerave PM Lotion since I've seen it mentioned a few times.

Super Contributor

On 8/13/2014 MarenSeattle said:

You might like Skinn's Deep Wrinkle Protocol Creme Reverse -- it's a gel/cream. I prefer something heavier (like Skinn's 24 Hour Cream -- think Crisco) but the DWP is lovely. Just not quite enough for me.

Oooh I'll add that to my ""to look into"" list Smiley Happy And yeah that 24 Hour sounds too heavy for my liking.

Super Contributor

On 8/13/2014 myshell624 said:

ASDM Beverly Hills has a lot of good moisturizers. I really like their Maximum Hydration cream and am thinking of ordering their Collagen cream.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I like Say Yes to Carrots Moisturizer. It's not too heavy

Super Contributor

On 8/13/2014 MandySays said:
On 8/13/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Oooh I'll add that to my "to look into" list Smiley Happy And yeah that 24 Hour sounds too heavy for my liking.

Check out my edit on my first post, for what it's worth (shrug).

You'll find a better price on eBay or when Dimitri comes to town on HQ, you can get a good deal on kits. On its own, it's kind of pricy. I like the delivery system, too -- one of those airtight "push" top jars. I honestly wish it was enough for me.

Frequent Contributor

JM Argan oil or Tarte Maracuja oil.