Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Mattifying Primer?

I went out to day....came home with a bottle of Milk of Magnesia.

Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I went out to day....came home with a bottle of Milk of Magnesia.

Jean- you have GOT to let me know how that works out for you!! LOL

Respected Contributor

I love Bare Escentuals prime time
Contributor

On 10/22/2014 MandySays said:

Skinn Cosmetics Orchid Gel. My sensitive, normal-to-oily skin LOVES it. This is a good kit to get:

http://www.shophq.com/skinn-cosmetics-orchid-gel-mattefying-day-treatment-primer-trio/307-135.aspx

And if you want to try both the Orchid Gel and a great microdermabrasion treatment..this is a good kit:

http://www.shophq.com/skinn-cosmetics-dermappeal-orchid-gel-tint-orchid-gel-mattefying-seal-trio/309...

I use the Orchid Gel and I love it...just bought the kit above with the gel and the Mattifying Seal. I just received it today.......and I'm confused. It says to use the Mattifying Seal over skincare to seal it in. Would I put the Orchid Gel on top of that as my primer? If so that seems like a lot of product on before even getting to foundation! I want to try some of their skincare but when I go to ShopHQs website I get overwhelmed by all of those kits; I don't know which one to get!

Super Contributor

I have very oily skin. Here are my tops picks. Some work better in certain weather, some work better with certain foundations. The Boot is riidiculously matte. I have many foundations and many primers. If I had to pick one (horrors), it would be the Dior because it makes my skin look great and controls my oil for a decent amount of time before I have to blot. For the money, Rimmel Stay Matte is pretty decent.

Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector (press and dab on, don't swipe or rub)

Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base (press and dab on, don't swipe or rub, this one has a learning curve. I use this one with dewy foundations, if I use with matte finish foundation, I look awful)

Jouer Tinted Moisturizer, Matte Moisture Tint

Rimmel Stay Matte

Dior Pore Minimizer

Dr. Brandt BB Matte with Signature Shinerase

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

On 10/22/2014 LuluCCS said:

I have very oily skin. Here are my tops picks. Some work better in certain weather, some work better with certain foundations. The Boot is riidiculously matte. I have many foundations and many primers. If I had to pick one (horrors), it would be the Dior because it makes my skin look great and controls my oil for a decent amount of time before I have to blot. For the money, Rimmel Stay Matte is pretty decent.

Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector (press and dab on, don't swipe or rub)

Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base (press and dab on, don't swipe or rub, this one has a learning curve. I use this one with dewy foundations, if I use with matte finish foundation, I look awful)

Jouer Tinted Moisturizer, Matte Moisture Tint

Rimmel Stay Matte

Dior Pore Minimizer

Dr. Brandt BB Matte with Signature Shinerase

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer

Lulu,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply- will check them all out. I actually have been eyeing the Dior Pore Minimizer choice. Learning curve? oh, boy....LOL

I am thinking I will run to Sephora soon and get a couple of samples of the Dior, Prime Time, and Dr. Brandt Pores no More.( and aybe a couple of other that the wonderful ladies on the board have suggested)

Janie

Regular Contributor

BE Prime Time (original) is the best for me. I cannot do without it.
Contributor

I've tried drugstore, BMin, LG, SmashB, and Philosophy mattifiers. I've found ultimate success with (P) Milk of Mag. Very thin layer...(some apply with a brush). My no-makep go to...1-2 drops MMag + 2-3 drops Maybelline BB (Deep)...allow to dry. Completely.

Depending on the day...either I will *fix* with MUF HD powder, or BMin pearl MV.

I carry Blotting papers...but need them only for my nose several hours into the day (or as needed if I'm taking photos).

*I've also found that when doing full-on make-up regimen...MMag does not roll or pill-up when using serums, foundation, etc. The key is A LIGHT application*

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 mollycat40 said:
On 10/22/2014 MandySays said:

Skinn Cosmetics Orchid Gel. My sensitive, normal-to-oily skin LOVES it. This is a good kit to get:

http://www.shophq.com/skinn-cosmetics-orchid-gel-mattefying-day-treatment-primer-trio/307-135.aspx

And if you want to try both the Orchid Gel and a great microdermabrasion treatment..this is a good kit:

http://www.shophq.com/skinn-cosmetics-dermappeal-orchid-gel-tint-orchid-gel-mattefying-seal-trio/309...

I use the Orchid Gel and I love it...just bought the kit above with the gel and the Mattifying Seal. I just received it today.......and I'm confused. It says to use the Mattifying Seal over skincare to seal it in. Would I put the Orchid Gel on top of that as my primer? If so that seems like a lot of product on before even getting to foundation! I want to try some of their skincare but when I go to ShopHQs website I get overwhelmed by all of those kits; I don't know which one to get!

No you don't need to use both at the same time. I use either product as a primer, over your serums and moisturizers during the day. I even mix a little with my foundation. I would put the matte gel on at night after your night time stuff and let it dry--like I said before--it helps keep those serums on your face and not rub off on your pillow. I use the gels alone too, with no make up.

Honored Contributor

On 10/22/2014 SJanielovesJim said:
On 10/22/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I went out to day....came home with a bottle of Milk of Magnesia. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Jean- you have GOT to let me know how that works out for you!! LOL

OK, I watched a youtube video/tutorial yesterday. FYI, my skin is normal with some occasional extra oil in the T-zone. This morning, I painted a thin layer of MoM on my face using an IT flat brush (not that the brush matters much, IMO). Once the MoM dried, I proceeded with my IT CC Cream and remaining makeup. I did have some of the CC cream ball up a little, in a couple of places. I've been made up for about 5 hrs. now and everything is still completely matte with no shine whatsoever. I can see it lasting the rest of the day. That said, I can't wait to wash my face!!! The MoM has made my skin very tight and dry feeling with somewhat rough, flaky, and crusty texture on most of my face. When I smile, I have numerous lines and wrinkles across my cheeks and up in my temples. I look way older than my everyday look. This method is not for me. I think it strictly pertains to someone who has a excessive oil problem. If I were to ever try it again, I'd limit it to my forehead only. Live and learn. At least I'm prepared, in case someone needs a little help with their plumbing. {#emotions_dlg.lol}