Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee   I can't find Jordana anymore.

The Walgreens around here still has the line, but no mascara. I haven't seen the line anywhere else.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm looking for a new mascara myself, so have been following this thread.   I can certainly give you a list of mascaras not to try.  Oh wait!  Most of them are mentioned above. Maybe it's not the mascaras - maybe it's me.  The only one I haven't tried yet is Maybelline Snapscara.  That's next. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Jordana Lash Extreme. Good, cheap and I don't feel guilty tossing it away every few months. 

@SilleeMee 

I used that one for a long time too, but our Walgreens stopped carrying it and I haven't found it anywhere else locally.

That's when I switched to Almay.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@patticakes  I am currently using Maybelline Snapscara.  It does not clump or flake.   If I decided to spend a little money on mascara, I would go with Bobbi Brown (she has excellent mascaras).

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Mascara is my obsession. I love it, I enjoy applying it. I have tried a million. Top two at this moment are Josie Marian black oil and Benefit they’re real. Both give great length and separation, no clumping and great black pigment. I give Josie’s a slight edge, it seems blacker and the second coat, if I choose to apply it, never looks too heavy, just dramatic. 

Honored Contributor

Full N Soft

The washable formula has kept my lashes off my cheeks for years.  Loyal as a Lab.Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Mascara

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom 

I like that Almay, too! I switch back and forth between Almay and Jordana. I usually buy the Jordana from Amazon...it's got free shipping and it costs less than $5. You can buy multi-packs there also...3-pack for about $10.

Respected Contributor

Lancome Monsieur Big. Great lengthening and thickening.

Thrive tube mascara

IT Superhero. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Mascara

[ Edited ]

@patticakes  Yes! After purchasing A Lot of mascara over the years, I've finally found two that work the best for me.

First, is Estee Lauder's "Sumptuous Extreme" which provides me with thicker/fuller lashes without much effort, and the second is Benefit's "Beyond Mascara" (from HSN, which sold a smaller size for trial.)

Both work great, but I found that, especially in the extreme hot weather, the Benefit mascara worked especially well on my lower lashes, providing smudge-proof wear. Also, it's not an especially thick mascara, so it works extremely well on the lower lashes regardless of the temperature/hunidity.

I really should add one more to the list and that would be IT Cosmetics "Super Hero" mascara. It's a winner as well, although my lower lashes did smudge somewhat.

HTH  Smiley Happy

BTW, none of these mentioned are the waterproof type.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I’ve used Prescriptives False Eyelashes mascara for years. I love it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?