Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Lipstick Brand?

@Lally wrote:

Despite trying many different brands, there's one that has yet to be unseated from my number one. Gallany. The metallics Cosmo and Toddy always garner compliments. The staying power is outstanding for me. I have other shades in the line I like too. QVC has 3 duos which are priced well and I also order from Gallany's site. In fact, I love their eyeshadow quads and blush/highlighters, too. I keep hoping QVC will invite them on.

Your turn to share. Smiley Happy

@Lally  - interesting! I'm not familiar with that brand. Will check it out

My 2 fav's are Chanel and Tom Ford

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Despite trying many different brands, there's one that has yet to be unseated from my number one. Gallany. The metallics Cosmo and Toddy always garner compliments. The staying power is outstanding for me. I have other shades in the line I like too. QVC has 3 duos which are priced well and I also order from Gallany's site. In fact, I love their eyeshadow quads and blush/highlighters, too. I keep hoping QVC will invite them on.

Hey Chi-town. How great to read your post. You always have excellent taste and recs. Chanel is one brand I've always wanted to try. Is there a color you reach for often?

Esteemed Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn wrote:

@skatting44 

Hi I have been using Senna cosmetics a for about 6  months now and love the brand . I was looking to try a new brand of eyebrow pencil ( i am not particularly loyal to one brand so when I am done I like to try another unless I am wowed by what I am using) , and remembered the brand was mentioned here .  I have salt and pepper hair and their ash brown is spot on .Two  weeks ago I had contacted them about some colors I was interested in trying but needed advice( I will soon be 57 )  . Eugenia Weston herself contected me and asked if she could call me to chat about my questions . She called me two days later  we spoke for over 30 minutes she was so lovely . 

Glade to hear you had a positive experience. I just wish I lived near her store/salon so she could do my eye brows ! She's amazing with eye brows.

Honored Contributor

@Lally wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Lally wrote:

Hey Chi-town. How great to read your post. You always have excellent taste and recs. Chanel is one brand I've always wanted to try. Is there a color you reach for often?

@Lally  - good to see you!!!

For Chanel, my everyday color is #432 Cecile

ROUGE COCO
ULTRA HYDRATING LIP COLOUR

fd3c2d91-ad1f-4a58-8215-d41c39844f44.jpeg

Tom Ford... sultry, sexy. LOVE the Black Orchid fragrance and the Black Dahlia lip

51qVHB+6egL._SY450_.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

Morphe and MAC

Regular Contributor

Is lipsense drying? What everyday color would you recommend? Thanks

Valued Contributor

Thanks Chi. Both shades are lovely. The Ford one reminds a tad of Bobbi Brown's Slope, which I've been looking for a dupe since they discontinued.

Valued Contributor

@skatting44 

Hi I don't know if you use INSTAGRAM , but every Tuesday 3 pm pacific time since the quarantine she has been having 1 hour long live sessions. She has been answering qustions and doing live demos  she recently  did one for how to take care of your brows while your salons are closed .  Each week is a differrent topic I have really been enjoying them . I live in NYC and although its getting better it is stil stressful. These session are a great diversion . Eugenia is so much fun and its nice for an hour just to talk about makeup ,girl talk and sometimes she has one of her makeup artists on with her . Have agood weekend . 

Valued Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

My fave last Summer and this one too...the perfect pink/peach

NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick [Indian Pink], Health & Beauty ...

The NYX is a dupe of the way too expensive Chanel Monte Carlo.

Dupe Alert! NYX Indian Pink vs Chanel Montecarlo - KIKAYSIKAT

What is the DUPE name of the NYX of the Monte Carlo, please?

Contributor

Worn MAC for many years, since the early '90's.  Some of the color formulas have changed over the years but for the most part I can usually find what I am looking for with them.  I also like Urban Decay in Backtalk.  Good pinky mauve in matte.