Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite High End Products that are Worth It

Any and all things by Chantecaille.

Serge Lutens fragrances.

Kerastase and  Oribe hair care.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Philosophy bath and body products, Aveda/Ojon/Wen hair products. I have been dying to try Perricone skincare and with everything on 4 easy pays this afternoon, I pulled the trigger.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@VIVIAN floimond, Caron loose pwder can be purchased online here.

It's not available at this site.  I found it on ebay for $99, but only in certain colors.  Otherwise you can call the Caron Boutique in New York and they will mail it to you.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Touche Eclat= lasts forever and best immunizer hands downs. looks like skin not makeup.

Makeup Forever HD foundation- does as it says looks amazing in photos. Great color selection

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer-Have been using this for years and keep returning it no matter how many times I venture away.

Nars lipsticks, especially Dolce Vita.

Fresh Sugar Lip balms-SPF and looks natural

and..... WEN. WEN is the one product I will find a way too buy even if I'm broke.

Nothing in skin care has ever truly wowed me except for Paula's Choice. 

Trusted Contributor

Alterna CC leave-in hair perfector--my hair has not frizzed, even in high humidity, since I started using this a few months ago.

Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil conditioner--love.

NARS radiant concealer--my HG.

Urban Decay Revolution lipstick--my go-to for a couple of years now.  Long-lasting, not drying, highly pigmented.

Laura Mercier matte eyeshadow in cashmere.

Honored Contributor

Annick Goutal cologne. Skinn Hair products--over 50 bucks for shampoo and conditioner is crazy in my little world. Christian Dior color cosmetics.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not sure what the criteria is for "high end" or "expensive"  or "costly" because it is all relative but my picks are WEN and Tweak-D products (I don't personally think they are that expensive but some do).

I agree with OP regarding the RMS luminizer. It is pretty much the only luminizer I use these days and have been using it for about 3 years now. It is one of the most natural looking, imo. I had no idea the VS models used it but I don't really care about that anyway, lol. Smiley Wink

One Love Organics facial cleansing oil. It seems a bit pricey but you only need a little so it lasts a long time and is one of the only facial cleansers I've ever used that doesn't irritate my skin, removes all my makeup, including eye makeup with stinging my eyes, and never, ever leaves my skin feeling dry or tight. I have been using it for at least a few years now, probably the longest I've ever stuck with a facial cleanser!

Some people think Paula's choice products are expensive (I don't) so I will include those too- 2% BHA I have been using for 8+ years now, sunscreens, and moisture boost renewal oil.

Beekman hand washes and bar soaps. Again, I don't think these are expensive but some seem to. They are worth every penny to me and my hubby.

SWELL bottles. The only water bottles I found that truly do keep water cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. I have given all my family members one and they all love them. This is beauty related since keeping hydrated is a must for beauty! Smiley Happy

I could probably list a few more but again, I don't know what the criteria is for "high end" so not sure they'd fit. I am sure I will think of more, lol.

There are some others but they aren't cruelty free so I no longer use them.

Respected Contributor

I also am not sure what High End would be to each person...

Mine are simple....WEN, & more WEN

Josie Maran & more Josie Maran...

I have some others, but these are the two I would give up other items for...

Honored Contributor

Love the scent of Fresh Sugar, I have it in boday ways, oil, perfume and small pures size, it reminds me a lot of Loves Lemon that I wore when I was a teen.

@DiscountDiva wrote:

I am always look to save money, but if something is truly great, then I want to know about it. These are a few products that are costly but I totally love and would recommend:

Eve Lom Cleanser($50)-I just love the smell. It is so soothing and delicious smelling at the same time. I buy mine on Ebay and it lasts very long making it worth the cost to me.

Mac Lipsticks($17)-I first tried these only 3 years ago but they are my favorite. They are not that expensive, around $17. Mac has the Back to Mac program, so for every 6 empty tubes you bring back, you get a free lipstick.

Philip B pH Restorative Detangling Toniing Mist ($24)-This product closes the cuticle and leave my hair silky like no other. I buy the salon-size making it actually cost-effective.

Kate Sommerville Exfolikate ($85)-I know it has the microbeads, but I love this product. It has chemical, physical, and enzymatic exfoliants.

Child Perfume ($98)-Lovely smelling fragrance. I see why all the celebs love it.

Mac Face and Body Fdtn ($35)-looks like beautiful skin. You can actually order the 4 oz bottle online which makes it pretty cheap actually.

Fresh Sugar Perfume ($90)-I forgot how much I love this perfume. If you are in Sephora, give it a sniff. It is perfect for summer.

RMS Living Luminizer ($38)-I never really used highlighter until I got this in a Popsugar box. It lasts soooo long and gives you a healthy glow. I know Victoria Secret Models use it.

I'd like to know what you all love! If you are interested, I can do a list of my inexpensive musthaves!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

PETER THOMAS ROTH skin care. I've always used "high-end", a.k.a, department store brands since the age of 19. I'm used to payng a bit more, but PTR is the highest. IT WORKS, so I keep buying & using it. Thank goodness you don't have to use a lot!

Others that I love and use, although I don't really consider them "high end" are:

WEN - I stock up on TSV's and OTO's and save quite a bit and have a stash to last 2 years. I try to save where I can.

IT Cosmetics - the most flawless look Make-up has ever given me!

Philosophy bath and body products - although I'm a WEN girl, I do like to mix it up in the shower (not on hair, only on body) with Fresh Creme and Lemon Custard.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.