Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Hand Wash?

[ Edited ]

@Kabella,   Hi Kabella,  I will only buy and use a hand wash that will NOT dry my hands.  Zum is one brand I favor and I am currently using a glycerin & lemon scented one by Avalon Organics for $5 and change.   I always have a bar of Zum soap at my bathroom sink.  In a pinch you could shower with it and not experience dryness.  I shop a lot at iherb.com and at Zum when they have special offers.  iHerb.com ships free at $20. I do not necessarily have a favorite as I like to try different scents and sometimes different brands that are sulfate free.  Zum is a favorite for bar soap hands down. 

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I like Beekman but it's expensive. I found South of France Shea Butter hand wash that I really like. It does not leave my hands all dried out.

South of France Hand Wash, Shea Butter, 8 Oz

Our luxuriously lathering Hand Wash follows a traditional Marseille recipe that is enriched with our own blend of natural vegetable oils and vegetable glycerin. Moisturizing Coconut Oil and soothing Aloe Vera leave your skin cleansed and deeply moisturized.

Infused with the aroma of shea butter just unloaded onto the bustling docks of the port of Marseille.

Other Ingredients

Filtered water, saponified coconut oil, olive oil, natural vegetable glycerin, cellulose, blends of natural and essential oils and fragrance, citric acid, vitamin E, aloe leaf extract.

Free of Phthalates, Sodium Lauryl/ Laureth Sulfate, Parabens, EDTA, Animal By-Products, and Glutens.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a HUGE splurge but I love Bobbi Brown's "Beach" handwash. Use it year round but really appreciate the ocean-vibe in winter. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I like still like the Beekman bar soaps for in the shower, but am over needing to have Beekman liquid soap & hand lotion at my sinks.  I still have a couple of soap/lotion sets that I'll either use up or gift.  I'm liking JR Watkins hand washes these days.  I recently saw the South of France liquid soap on Vitacost and would like to try it.  I've used their bar soaps before.

Honored Contributor

I like WEN Tea Tree CC at the sink for hand washing, no lotion required after washing my hands.

Honored Contributor

Right now I'm using " JR Watkins " grapefruit.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is Dr. Bronner's liquid Hemp Almond, but that recently clogged my drain. It clogs every pump opening and even the bottle it comes in.

I use the bar soap in the shower, and so now I've been using the bar soap for my hands.

2nd favorite is Suave Coconut for the shower, which I use at the kitchen sink.

It's the fragrances of these soaps that are yucky terrible for me, and I do not like antibacterials.

@Kabella

Your soap sounds nice!

Thanks for your post; maybe I can pick up an idea or two.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy's Sweet Vanilla Fig. 

Respected Contributor

Taking notes......I have guests most wkends. so, I use up hand washes quicker than most...... I have tried some, but lots of good reco's for future purchases. Thankyou LadiesSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor