Respected Contributor

Favorite Dry Shampoo?

[ Edited ]

I feel like I could use a dry shampoo to refresh my hair when I don't have time to wash it every other day (as I normally would).  What are you favorites? and Why?  Seriously I've never used one!  As a kid (teen) I did use powder sometimes Smiley Happy  Somehow that didn't leave a white cast, but I do see reviews that some of these do leave a white cast - and I do  have darker hair.  What do you think of philosophy dry shampoo? 

Trusted Contributor

I like Batiste and IGK.  Batiste is less expensive.  I have dark hair so you have to be extra careful.  Go more to the roots.  I lift my hair up and spray at roots.  An let the hair fall.  I let it sit for a several seconds before I brush out.  and I am careful when I brush it out.  You can always add more if needed.  They always say....doesn't leqve white on the hair...either I'm doing it wrong...or not true...or maybe because I have darker hair.  That is why I start out with spraying less. 

But I do like dry shampoo.  It does freshen hair.  I also use it if I have static hair.  Helps. 

One time I saw a demonstration on QVC..they were demonstrating philosophy dry shampoo.  I think the host had never used dry shampoo..plus she had dark hair.  She just sprayed it on top of her hair and you could see the white on her hair.  The camera then moved to the rep from philosophy.  Next time you saw the host it was gone.  Someone told her to brush it off.  That is why you don't spray on top of hair. 

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

I use this one. I have almost black hair and this works for me.

Batiste Instant Hair Refresh Dry Shampoo Plus, Deep & Dark Brown | Pick Up  In Store TODAY at CVS

Esteemed Contributor

John Frieda dry shampoo. Works great, adds volume. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 @SilleeMee @ruthbe   Thanks for the info.  Smiley Happy

Can you tell me what sort of scents the dry shampoo's you use/like have?  I probably should have asked that in my original question/sorry.  I am very scent sensitive - meaning I have to like it.  Probably the only reason why I mentioned philosophy is because I know that they make a dry shampoo in fresh cream, which is a scent that I like very much.  But I don't want a white head! And I want whatever I use to be pretty easy and effective.

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@Effie54 @SilleeMee @ruthbe   Thanks for the info.  Smiley Happy

Can you tell me what sort of scents the dry shampoo's you use/like have?  I probably should have asked that in my original question/sorry.  I am very scent sensitive - meaning I have to like it.  Probably the only reason why I mentioned philosophy is because I know that they make a dry shampoo in fresh cream, which is a scent that I like very much.  But I don't want a white head! And I want whatever I use to be pretty easy and effective.

@moonandthestars 

You can smell the alcohol in it first of all then a light vanilla/floral. There's a citrus version, too. Not used that one.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee That's very helpful - thank you.

Honored Contributor

I use Batiste (Bare).

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars:  Just received the Philosophy dry shampoo I ordered but not yet tried (was too good an offer not to try). For years now I have used Moroccan Oil hair products and dry shampoo. Just FYI it comes in light and dark and I just love it.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy Amazing Grace Dry Shampoo