Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite Chrismas gifts from Santa ---what were yours?

My best Christmas when I was little was when I ran down the steps to see Patty Playpal sitting at an Electric Organ!

Honored Contributor

My Father always gave me a gift from "Santa" even when I was grown.

My Father had been very sick with cancer and died 2 days before Christmas in 1987.

Yes, we were sad but it was a blessing because the cancer had spread to his brain.

Under the tree was a gift from "Santa" and I knew my Father was with us.

Super Contributor

I lived with my parents, my grandfather and my uncle (15 yrs apart). When I was 7 I lost my grandfather. Then my uncle when I was 8. I used to play with my uncles typewriter and get in trouble. He passed away in November and Christmas there was a gift under the tree from him. It was a toy typewriter just like his. My father passed away 8 years ago and there was a Precious Moment statue "Daddy's Little Girl" under the tree. That is my greatest treasure other than my family.

Esteemed Contributor

The one gift i wanted for soooo long when i was young my parents gave me one Christmas and it was a ""Patti Playpal"" doll....I will always remember how thrilled i was!!

Respected Contributor

I would have to say my first real over the shoulder handbag. I wasn't expecting it, I was thrilled. I can still remember what it looked like.

Super Contributor

I hate to say it, because I was mad as heck when my husband bought it for me. It was our first christmas as a married couple and I thought he'd get me jewelry or something romantic. Instead he bought me a kitchenaid mixer. I didn't think that was romantic at all. It's 15 years later and I use that mixer every single day. It's one of my favorite kitchen items.

Valued Contributor

Mine was a giant Barbie doll head on a stand with long hair and all of the combs, brushes, curlers, etc., to "do" her hair. I instantly recognized the shape of the box under the tree and will never forget how happy I was. This was when I was probably in the second grade and still was a believer.

Trusted Contributor

As a child I remember being thrilled with an Easy Bake oven! Also cabbage patch dolls and a Spirograph!

As an adult, my son was born Dec. 22nd. At first I was dismayed when I learned his due date would be in December, but we've learned to make his day special and to have it not get lost in the celebration of Christmas. Also, I'll never forget that year he was born back in 1990...it really made me treasure the true meaning of Christmas because I knew how it must have felt when Jesus was born to Mary and Joseph!

Honored Contributor

On 12/23/2014 Lanikins said:

Mine was a giant Barbie doll head on a stand with long hair and all of the combs, brushes, curlers, etc., to "do" her hair. I instantly recognized the shape of the box under the tree and will never forget how happy I was. This was when I was probably in the second grade and still was a believer.

I had one of those too! Funny thing is, that was the end of my 'primping', as I never was one to wear makeup (don't even own any) and fuss with my hair (back then it was just long and straight)!

Respected Contributor

A Shirley Temple doll and a tea set that had been set up on my play table w/my doll and the set all fixed up. I was thrilled.