Frequent Contributor

Favorite Chrismas gifts from Santa ---what were yours?

I posted an answer to the What's you worst Christmas gift. My response is on page 5 ---it's pretty sad so I wanted to bring a smile to everyone by remembering and sharing our favorite childhood gifts.

Santa left my siblings and I a record player (yes it was the '70s), along with a Partridge Family Christmas record.

We were ecstatic as we didn't even ask for one and it made us feel like teenagers (even though were weren't quite there yet).

Another favorite gift was getting my first blow dryer in 1975 -----no more sitting under that contraption that dried, but did not style your hair.

Ah, the memories...they do get sweeter with time.

Super Contributor

Re: Favorite Chrismas gifts from Santa ---what were yours?

I honestly don't remember my "most favorite gift received". . .BUT. . .I cross stitched (for about 6 years) a bedspread, had it hand quilted, and gave it to my mom one Christmas. . .And then there was the Christmas we gave our youngest son a TINY Yorkie pup (wrapped in a small shoe box); Zuce isn't much bigger now, despite being 14 years old, but he's much loved!. . .I think those were my most memorable gifts I've given. . .

Super Contributor

I got 3 Partridge albums when I was 13.....haha I got a lot of gifts from Santa, my dad and besides those, my TV and Red JVC clock radio were my favorites. I had that TV for many years. It was like a 16 inch black and white one I think back in the 70's.....

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Sorry for throwing a serious one into the mix, but it's mine and our families best Christmas gift ever and we received it this year.

My husband is with us and doing well. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

We're all so very grateful.

Honored Contributor

On 12/22/2014 magemay said:

Sorry for throwing a serious one into the mix, but it's mine and our families best Christmas gift ever and we received it this year.

No better gift ever, than having our loved ones with us and well. So happy you all have this time together. Merry Christmas.

Trusted Contributor

My 10 year old son, born on Christmas Eve. Needless to say, that is a very fun, special day in our family.
Contributor

Ahh, the older I get the more fondly I look back at my childhood days... the 2 gifts I remember best are my Velvet doll with blond hair, you pressed on her stomach and her hair grew. Smiley Happy The other favorite was my Barbie Van with the pop out tent. I really miss those carefree days... Smiley Happy Thanks for the smile!

Honored Contributor

A puppy.

Honored Contributor

Back in the mid 50's, I received a medium size trunk with all kinds of doll clothes and the doll was Little Miss Revlon. I loved that gift.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

On 12/22/2014 mominohio said:
On 12/22/2014 magemay said:

No better gift ever, than having our loved ones with us and well. So happy you all have this time together. Merry Christmas.

Thank you for your kindness, mominohio.

You're right, there is no better gift and it's truly a blessing.

I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy New YearSmiley Happy