Trusted Contributor

Favorite Brown and Copper Eye Shadow

Last fall I had my makeup done by a makeup artist my niece hired to do the makeup for her wedding party. I loved the results, especially my eyes. I asked her what brand she was using and she told me they were a mix of professional products???  She said she had used a "nut brown" shade on my lids with a "sheer copper" shade in the crease and outer corners and a rich brown liner pencil on the top lid and outer 2/3 of my lower lid.  Smiley Sad  Wow, that told me a lot...

I have blue eyes.  Please, if any of you have suggestions or recommendations for colors that fit or are close to the shades she mentioned, I would be forever grateful for your help. Have a peaceful evening -

Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Brown and Copper Eye Shadow

I have green eyes and I use this palette quite a bit. By elf, flawless eyeshadow, Beautiful Browns #20910, which can be found on their website.  

Valued Contributor

This is a very good quality brand, it’s drugstore but is just as good as the higher end brands.  Also, try NYX, Elf, Colorpop,  these kits are great and they indicate exactly where, on your eye, to use the,

Respected Contributor

Check out the Pat McGrath Mthrshp Subliminal Bronze Palette or Sublime Bronze Ambition.

There are a lot of shadows out there that match those criteria, but if you want really great shadows go with PML.

Respected Contributor

Try Bobbi Brown.  She has the most beautiful and wearable browns and coppers

Honored Contributor

@Quinny  I bought L’Oreal Colour Riche Quad Boudoir Charme which has really nice copper shades. The sponge is included— 1 side paddle & 1 side angled.

Colour Riche® Pocket Palette Eye Shadow Boudoir Charme

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Quinny  Bobbi Btrown has some beautiful eye shadows:  shimmer, metallic, matte.  There was one eye shadow that is called copperhead.  Take a good look at her shadows and you will be pleasanatly surprised.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I only use MAC  eyeshadow...never flakes, or creases, and stays beautiful all day.  Highly pigmented. 

Respected Contributor

@DazlinI LOVE Mac & I they do have so many beautiful colors. You can certainly find the color/texture/pigment you want among Mac's shadows, but my new love is the Pat McGrath line of shadows.

I only have 1 of her smaller palettes (Le Vie En Rose) because it was on sale & I am weak.

I have to have more. Gorgeous shadows.

Respected Contributor

JustJazzmom: This L'Oreal quad has a similar color palette as this Tom Ford quad I'm eyeing & love. Nude Dip. Beautiful quad. Not worn TF but have heard his shadows are great. Expensive but great.

Eye Color Quad, Main, color, NUDE DIP