Super Contributor

Favorite Best COLOR Safe HYDRATING But DEEP CLEANSING and VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ? Does it exist?

I don't wash my hair often so want something to deep clean when I do. Still, I don't want to strip my hair. Also, my hair has gotten thinner with age and is graying so I don't want anything to weigh it down or strip the color.

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Best COLOR Safe HYDRATING But DEEP CLEANSING and VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ? Does it exist?

Pick up a color depositing shampoo like the one by John Freida. I use the red one since I color my hair red. Wash twice and pick up a color glaze to top it off as well. John Freida also makes one. They also make color depositing conditioners, so those are meant for your hair color and deep conditioning.

Super Contributor

Re: Favorite Best COLOR Safe HYDRATING But DEEP CLEANSING and VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ? Does it exist?

Pureology Hydrate is for color treated hair and excellent. It's spendy but Ulta carries it in travel size and you'll get at least 5 or 6 uses out of it since you don't need much. Although I don't know your hair length. Also, if you don't have one, get a shower filter at Lowe's or Home Depot. Chlorine in the water is a hair color fader. Does wonderful for colored hair and your skin!

I also have thinning hair, this shampoo and conditioner did not weight it down. I do find, though, that for volumizing I get better results from the styling products I use, mostly texturing products. Love the AG High and Dry spray and Suave Root Boost spray which I've only found at Walmart.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Respected Contributor

Brocato Miracle 9 or any of that brand depending on your needs. They are sulfate free and keep my hair in great shape.

Respected Contributor

I am interested in reading the responses. It seems like 3 types of shampoo that can't co-exist. Deep cleaning usually strips color, and volume formulas seem to as well. If they roughen up the hair cuticle you get volume but there goes the color. If it smooths it's good for color but flattens hair.

Respected Contributor

Pantene has a new shampoo called Full and Strong. Color safe so they say, made my hair very very thick and full and it was probably one of the most conditioning shampoo/conditioners I ever used. I never had hair this thick in my life before using this shampoo. It is so new it is not even on the website but I saw it at CVS and Walmart. My hair also felt clean. I do not think you can get a true deep clean and a color protection at the same time

The new Garnier full and plush made my hair thick and it seems to be a deeper clean but I do not know if it protects color or not. I am assuming no.

Respected Contributor

The key is to use the deep conditioner sparingly once a week. There are color depositing shampoos that have conditioners as well, but you can use whatever conditioner you like for your hair type. I don't use conditioners and will alternate with using a CC to cleanse on the weekends for the conditioning and gentle cleaning. I also prefer sulphate free shampoos and use Shea Moisture's Thickening shampoo alternative with some Bed Head red color depositing shampoo I picked up at TJMaxx, but when that is gone, I'll use the John Freida version and probably use the conditioner to see what will happen. I also use the JF glaze once a week when I use the CC to cleanse. I can't use CC everyday or every other day because of my fine/oily hair gets far too much moisture from it, so it flattens it no matter how much I rinse. Once a week is all I need for conditioning and can use the product. I also have stretched out my washings from everyday to every other day and use sea salt spray to give my hair texture and grip for my styling and actually have great second day hair this way.

Respected Contributor

Hello, beautyq. Smile

I haven't tried these and I don't know if a product exists that's deep cleaning, hydrating and volumizing, but I'll list a few things for you to try.

~For shampoo that won't strip color~

Nick Chavez Color-Saver Sulfate-Free Shampoo, Nick Chavez Color-Saver Paraben-Free Conditioner.

~For volumizing shampoo and conditioner~

Nick Chavez Advanced Volume Shampoo and Conditioner with Expansion Technology, Nick Chavez Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.

~For hydrating shampoo and conditioner~

Nick Chavez Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. I do use Nick's Traditions Yucca Root shampoo and conditioner, and that's really restored the moisture to my hair.

I hope you find something that works well for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/24/2015 tigriss said:

Pick up a color depositing shampoo like the one by John Freida. I use the red one since I color my hair red. Wash twice and pick up a color glaze to top it off as well. John Freida also makes one. They also make color depositing conditioners, so those are meant for your hair color and deep conditioning.

I agree with her advice if you find your color fading fast after shampooing. John Frieda is a great product at a really good price.

I have hi & low lites on my medium blonde hair. I use Frieda Brunette and not Frieda Blonde. I've tried several of the blondes and they make my gray hair pop! Not a good look when you're trying to tone it down!