Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  Today I ordered the Tarte BB and I hope this works out.  I was given 20% off because I had it in my cart and then they sent me an email offering the 20% discount.  I hope the shade works for me too.  The Kiehl's is going back.  I never had a BB or foundation that was sticky feeling.  Yuck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Quinny  If you go to Tarte you may be able to receive a 20% discount like I did.  I placed the BB in my cart but did not purchase.  Then I received an email offering 20% off and free shipping.  Make sure you sign up for their rewards program so they have your email address.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Mature, older women do not look good with their skin glowing.  Our skin is no longer taut and firm like it was in my 20's or 30's.  Matte does not make you look like chalk but gives a natural look.  Today I ordered Tarte BB and it will be fine if the shade works for me.  I sure hope so.  So tired of this trip to find a BB or CC.  I do appreciate your advice because I did not know that a CC would be thicker and I don't want that.  I rather have a sheer, lightweight finish that is builable to perhaps medium.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi @Katcat1  and others: I’m not quite sure what the fascination is with CC cream. If you’re not looking for heavy coverage that’s usually more than “dewey”, a lightweight, buildable foundation is a far better choice. 

***BB and CC creams are usually full coverage, thick and haven’t found one yet that works well on mature skin. If the attraction is spf included and other skincare, unless you’re intending to wear this on your neck (& down), you’ll still need to apply moisturizer and spf in those areas. 

Honored Contributor

Not to sound like a broken record, but Bobbi Brown offers tinted moisturizer in too many shades to list. So does other higher end lines. Sometimes a drugstore product can’t fit the bill and foundations, concealers need to match exactly. That’s your “perfect canvas”. Get it wrong and all makeup will look “off”....(loosely quoting my mentor, Bobbi Brown, herself). After spending extra time and yes, money on that, you can use all other drugstore products. 

I will also add, drugstore foundations, BBs, CCs, etc. are displayed under harsh lighting, rarely “pulled” on a regular basis and also no testers available. Time and money better spent, going to counter, getting matched & then have at it at CVS, etc. Dept. store foundations, etc. are replaced by manufacturers about every 3 months, kept in drawers away from the light, usually in a box to further protect the integrity of the formulation...less chance of oxidation, too. 

***If you can’t get to a dept. store, many sites provide easy matching criteria...warm, cool, numbering from light, medium, dark and in between and photos of women you can match your skin tone to. Some knowing it’s more difficult ordering online, offer chats, free shipping/free returns. 

Don’t like pulling out the “professional card”, but over 35 years of experience counts for something, right? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite BB or CC Cream

[ Edited ]

@Quinny   I think oxidation was explained very thoroughly in another post here. It can sometimes be prevented by wearing a primer which provides a barrier between the skin’s oils and your foundation. 

***Vit. C serums oxidize very quickly, usually packaged in a dark bottle to help prevent this. I pour off 1/2 into another dark, dropper bottle I’ve saved & refrigerate until ready to use. Hint: don’t let the dropper touch your hand or face & put back in the bottle...turns yellow faster. Once it begins to turn the color of “pee”, it’s lost half of its potency. 

Honored Contributor

I must agree with those that feel a tinted moisturizer,with spf ,is best for older women, i like epoince tinted  moisturizer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I've tried many of the tinted moisturizers and CC creams like Bobbi Brown and It Cosmetics. While they were ok, I was always looking for something better. I stumbled on Arbonne CC Cream in light and LOVE it! I am not an Arbonne distributor. This is just the right finish and coverage for me without looking heavy or cakey. I also love that it has a physical SPF of 30. It's the only CC cream I've used up and reordered multiple times. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  The products I have purchased thus far BB & CC creams, NYX is not heavy, Lumene is not heavy, Kiehl's I would say is heavier.  Tarte claims to be sheer coverage (we shall see).  I use to wear Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer but since there is a new owner, something change in the ingredients and it oxidized on me and I had been wearing for over 5 years.  Have you noticed how this new owner is changing a lot of Laura's products.  I think it is a shame because I am sure she worked hard to build up her business with excellent products and now it is being destroyed as far as I am concerned.  I noticed they are making shortcuts (not as many choices of shades, etc.)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus  The products I have purchased thus far BB & CC creams, NYX is not heavy, Lumene is not heavy, Kiehl's I would say is heavier.  Tarte claims to be sheer coverage (we shall see).  I use to wear Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer but since there is a new owner, something change in the ingredients and it oxidized on me and I had been wearing for over 5 years.  Have you noticed how this new owner is changing a lot of Laura's products.  I think it is a shame because I am sure she worked hard to build up her business with excellent products and now it is being destroyed as far as I am concerned.  I noticed they are making shortcuts (not as many choices of shades, etc.)

@Katcat1   LM’s Tinted Moisturizer no longer worked for me either and I had to go back to BB. Mr. Lauder has slaughtered the Bobbi Brown line as I knew it. There are few products I still use and always looking for something to replace it ASAP.