Trusted Contributor

I use the IT Cosmetics CC cream and have been using it for years.  I like the coverage and the feel of it.  I also put Laura Geller Balance and Brighten over it to finish off my look.  (Don't know why the font changed to italics)

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

By far it's the Tarte tinted BB Primer.  I was introduced to this a few years ago at Sephora when they matched me to several foundations.  Out of the ones recommended, this is one I decided to purchase and I love it.

I have gone through several tubes of this which doesn't happen with me and foundation. Normally I use up a tube/bottle and move on to something else and never return.  I have tried a few others but keep going back to this.    

Thank you, @Lipstickdiva, Do you use the Tarte tinted BB primer in addition to or instead of foundation?

Trusted Contributor

@Quinny I'll chime in here... I agree with those suggesting a tinted moisturizer over a BB or CC cream - they (ALL in my opinion) are just too heavy, thick.  It does not sound like you're looking to cover much and think that a TM would be the better way to go.  

I second Bobbi Brown's, not a fan of Mercier's due to limited shade choices, and LOVE NARS - pricey but beautiful!   - all these TM's are light weight yet still offer coverage, not something you'll normally find in a TM.

However, if drugstore is a route you'd like to check out I've read someone here speaking of Neutrogena's new Skin Perfector.  I believe it comes in 5 or 6 shades and she highly recommended it.  I plan on checking it out myself.  Good luck in your search!

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Quinny  I was using a certain product for several months and then it started oxidizing.  I purchased:

Chanel Moisturing Tint - After several uses it is oxidizing

Lumene CC cream -  I like it but I don't like the glow on skin so I cover w/a little powder

NYX CC cream - not bad but only 3 shades and no glowing

Kiehl's Skin Tone Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream - Only 3 shades, does not glow.  Feels a little sticky.  Not sure how I feel yet on this one.

I need to get to Nordstrom to see all the brands and shades offered.  I prefer a BB or CC because it is normally cream form.  I also want a demi-matte finish although NYX and Lumene are not cream but more liquid form.  I would like to find a happy medium in price and my demi-matte finish.  No glowing for me.

Thank you @Katcat1 , You and a few other commenters have mentioned an "oxidizing" factor that occurs with some BB or CC creams.  What is "oxidizing"?  

Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@Quinny I'll chime in here... I agree with those suggesting a tinted moisturizer over a BB or CC cream - they (ALL in my opinion) are just too heavy, thick.  It does not sound like you're looking to cover much and think that a TM would be the better way to go.  

I second Bobbi Brown's, not a fan of Mercier's due to limited shade choices, and LOVE NARS - pricey but beautiful!   - all these TM's are light weight yet still offer coverage, not something you'll normally find in a TM.

However, if drugstore is a route you'd like to check out I've read someone here speaking of Neutrogena's new Skin Perfector.  I believe it comes in 5 or 6 shades and she highly recommended it.  I plan on checking it out myself.  Good luck in your search!

@fitfuninformed Thank you for your suggestions about using a TM instead of a BB or CC!

Trusted Contributor

@Swedishmiss wrote:

I really like theBalm Balm Shelter.  I have been using it for about two years.  It is $25 for a little over 2 oz of product, but I usually order from their website during sales when everything goes on sale for half price.  It gives a nice light even coverage and does not irritate my sensitive, combination skin.

I believe there are four shades.  I wear the light, and it is perfect for my fair skin.  It does not oxidize on me and lasts all day (although I always use a little powder after applying).

Before this I used Lumene, and really enjoyed it.  However, I think I prefer a little more matte look (which theBalm offers).

@Swedishmiss what happens or what does it look like when a product oxidizes on your face?

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

There are a few that I like:

- Physicians Formula
- L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier - select your shade range, it comes out white but adapts to your skintone as you rub it in.  
- Missha Perfect Cover 

@JeanLouiseFinch Do you use these products alone or in addition to foundation?  Do you use finishing powder with them?

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

There are a few that I like:

- Physicians Formula
- L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier - select your shade range, it comes out white but adapts to your skintone as you rub it in.  
- Missha Perfect Cover 

@JeanLouiseFinch Do you use these products alone or in addition to foundation?  Do you use finishing powder with them?

@Quinny  Sometimes it just depends on my mood or if I want to extend the wear.  Whichever one of the above, that I choose on a particular day, I use as my foundation step.  If I want extended wear, I'll dust with a little loose mineral powder pver it.  When I finish my entire look, I'll either use a non-colored finishing powder or setting spray.

Honored Contributor

To address the "oxidation" question, here's an explanation from the Paula's Choice website. 

Oxidized Foundation (Why Does Foundation Turn Orange?)

Oxidized Foundation (Why Does Foundation Turn Orange?)

Have you found what you thought was the perfect shade of foundation, only to realize it turned a deeper, orange color hours after applying it? What causes this to happen, and how you can avoid it, may surprise you.

Why Foundation Turns Orange

The primary culprit for a foundation changing color is the interaction between the oils on your skin and the pigments in your foundation. For example, a foundation with subtle peach undertones can intensify into an orange-ish hue as the oil your skin produces saturates the foundation—something that can happen within 1 to 3 hours after you apply foundation, although for some it won’t happen until the end of the day.

The same cause-and-effect scenario can occur with face powders whose subtle pigments seem to deepen as they combine with the oils on your face.

What About Oxidized Foundation?

You may have heard someone use the term “oxidized foundation” to describe a foundation that changes color during wear, but true oxidation actually doesn’t occur that quickly.

However, oxidation can occur in the bottle over the long term (about 6 months to a year after opening). If you loved your foundation in the beginning, but eventually the color stopped looking natural, there’s a good chance oxidation may be to blame. (All the more reason to treat yourself to a new one!) As a general rule, any liquid or cream foundation should be used up or discarded within a year of opening.

How to Find a Foundation that Doesn’t Oxidize

Your best bet for avoiding oxidation is to select a foundation that is stabilized with antioxidants and comes in air- and light-restrictive packaging to protect the makeup’s stability. As an extra precaution, if the packaging is clear glass or plastic, store it in a dark place to protect the contents from hours of exposure to natural light.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Quinny  It turns orange on your skin.  It is absolutely horrible.

kindness is strength