Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant?

Lady Speed Stick,maybe $2. Suave just doesn't work for me at all.

@Jk9I  I think I may have that too, are there any tests or blood work to diagnose it?  Have you tried anything, topical or oral, that helps. Thanks

Respected Contributor

@decaf there isn't a test but the doctor has observed my symptoms:   Sweat pouring down my face when it isn't hot in the room.  Soaking my hair when I just walk to an exam room, etc.  I have tried a lot of meds and discussed the side effects of all the meds I am on for other problems.  All my docs have observed my perspiration problem.  I take robinul forte and vary the dose by season.  I have tried several meds that have the side effect of dry mouth etc.  Some of these work for a month and then become ineffective.  I take a medication for incontinence in the hot weather because it helps dry me out.  (Like off label use).  I even botoxed my entire head (not whole face).  Currently I have Botox injections on my forehead to control the sweat running down my face and that works well for the summer (also helps with wrinkles).  All other treatments haven't been approved for faces.  Of course I have to use refresh eye drops because my eyes dry out and I have to treat dry mouth etc. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

It's from Progressive Labs in Dallas TX.  It's called Dynamic Nutrition dD82 homeopathic Stress Formula and is for stress, headace, sweating,  Shake well,  I've taken 2 doses so far  I'll let you know whe it sta4rts working (if it works),  Itt used to,

Super Contributor

I have tried them ALL over the years. Some would work at first - sometimes for a couple of years - and then suddenly fail. Some, like the crystal, never worked. When one cut out, I would switch to another. I finally tried Native a couple of years ago. It works almost all the time. It is definitely not an antiperspirant, but all of the scents are very nice. Sticking with it for the moment and would recommend to those who want to go with a natural product and avoid aluminum.
Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

It lasts for a really, really long time...I mean like a year!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@Jk9  It's such a personal issue, it's so open and really kind of you to explain all you've done to overcome this.

A physical therapist noticed I was a terrible "head perspirer" a few years ago and asked if a doctor was treating me for it.  I told her no, and to this day, my primary doctor visits are consumed with all the other health issues I have, that they have no solutions for.

I started with a new primary the beginning of this year and this is on my list of things to bring up.  I've also put it on the back burner because frankly, I don't want to be disappointed again with another problem with no cure, if you know what I mean.

I live in a very hot, tropical climate and I dread being outside.  If I'm in the heat for a few minutes or inside doing some light chores, as soon as I start sweating from my head and forehead, it's like a faucet turned on, it just doesn't stop.  And just my head feels hot, not the rest of me.   It's crazy, the rest of me hardly sweats at all!

I haven't read too much about treatment for this except for botox.  I'm glad to hear you get some relief from that. Howlong do the shots last, help you?  I have terrible dry eyes to begin with, so I'm  concerned to use anything that would make my eyes worse (they're so bad I buy eye drops from Europe, not sold here).  I will google robinul forte and I'm following the product Monica mentioned.  I thought I was alone with this, I've never spoken with anyone who has it or understands howhorrible  (and very embarassing) this can be. 

Regular Contributor

Like all natural
Regular Contributor

Oops that is Lume
Respected Contributor

Solid. I use Secret or Lady Schick, powder fresh scent.

Respected Contributor

Ban roll on and unscented.  Used for years and works great for me.