Honored Contributor

RCMA  (research council of makeup artists) No Color loose powder

5/5 rating in 59 reviews on one website..4.4/5 on another but some are put off by the no frills packaging..

I've had the same (spice looking) jar for more than a year, 2 oz, for $10.00! the 10 oz is $20.00

It's a professional line of cosmetics. I haven't tried anything else but their foundations come in palettes (for pro use) and are around 80% pigment (to be thinned with moisturizer, etc.) unlike the ready to wear from most retailers that is somewhere around 20%

The powder can be purchased directly from RCMA or beautylish dot com (that I'm aware of)

I highly recommend it and you cant beat the price! Does exactly what it's made for: sets and mattifies..

Contributor

Thank you ladies great choices.  😀

Respected Contributor

I use Makeup Forever HD Microfinish Powder from Sephora. I also got a tip from Wayne Goss for powder which really works well. After you apply your primer, put on the powder. Then apply your base. I can't believe the difference. A soft finish and staying power the makeup. It stops me from getting all shiny.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

I generally use a makeup sponge to remove any shine on my face before I lightly dust my T zone with Essence All About Matt! fixing compact powder. It's a white powder that goes on smoothly translucent when applied with a powder brush.

Essence is a European makeup line that's inexpensive, it's at ULTA in the U.S. and Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I think the powder is about $4.00 or so and it's made in Poland.

Honored Contributor

Not a powder, but I use it every day to set my makeup:

Mally's Poreless Face Defender

It gives my skin such a smooth look and feel! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I use BE's Mineral Veil and have for years now.  Whatever foundation I am using, it is my last step.  I get a nice finish and it holds up on my combo skin for hours.

Respected Contributor

I don't use a foundation per se.  I use the Dr. Denese Tinted Day Cream.  It gives me just enough color and keeps my very dry skin moisturized.  After blush, I use a light dusting of LG's Balance & Bronze split pan in Fair as my finishing powder.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

Another vote for IT Cosmetics, either the loose powder or compact version of the bye bye pores. Both are excellent.

Respected Contributor

Again, It Cosmetics. Love the powder and the pressed compact. When using the compact I have found one needs just a touch. Use a light hand with it and voila! flawless.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

I use Smashbox HALO.  It is the one I keep going back to. Many others exaggerate my pores and fine lines (when did THAT happen!)  Halo settles - and in about 10 mintues or so - looks smooth and hydrated (not powdery -dull matte).  (I use over either Dr. Denese - still best, or IT CC cream.)