Contributor

Hello ladies.  What's your fav setting powder?  I'm looking between bye bye pores or Laura Mercier, or do you have a fav that I need to look at.  I have combo to dry with large pores.  I was using BE mineral veil for years but no matter how much I moisturize my skin it looks dry with that on.  Thanks for replying in advance.  😀😀😀

Honored Contributor

I use lancome dual finish powder.  Been using it for 12 or more years.  Have tried others, but always go back.

Esteemed Contributor

Doll 10 is great.  Gives a very natural finished flawless look.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fav setting powder?

[ Edited ]

I set my foundation with a dusting of Laura Geller's Baked Elements foundation, but use Skinn's Plasma Fusion Setting Veil or E.L.F. HD Powder as a finishing powder after applying my blush

Respected Contributor
Ben Nye professional powders. I have the Lux one in Cameo, but his Banana powder is very popular for medium to darker skin tones for balancing color tone. I got mine from Amazon, but other professional makeup artist sites sell it. I get a huge jar for 20 bucks. It is super, super fine and doesn't setting, especially after I let my foundation dry while I put my coffee on and feed the cats, about 4-5 minutes.
Respected Contributor

Urban a Decay Naked loose powder. Love!!

Trusted Contributor

Have been using Cover Girl's Tru Blend Minerals loose mineral power and also Revlon's Nearly Naked, which is a pressed powder. I have both of them in medium tone. The Revlon is stashed in my handbag for touch-ups away from home. love them both.

Frequent Contributor

I like IT cosmtetics bye bye pores powder.  If I want to add some color to it, I add IT Cosmetics bye bye pores bronzer (loose powder) and mix them together in the lid.  The bye bye pores powder is finely milled and so so light.  Bare Minerals mineral veil does not work for me either anymore.  I think it is because it has corn starch in it and that is drying.  I the BM mineral veil would be good for someone with very oily skin.  

Honored Contributor

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. It comes in loose and pressed. I prefer pressed powders because they aren't as messy and I find it easier to use too much with loose powders.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have dry skin and have found that IT Bye Bye Pressed Powder works very well for me. If I am not mistaken, the Q does not have it in stock but Ulta does.