Respected Contributor

Fav. Hair Treatment / Mask or similar.

What is your fav "treatment" for your hair that you feel has the most impact.

My hair has just been feeling blah, even though I did a clarifying wash, used hot oil treatment on it, just seems to be tangnling easy and looking less shiny and blah. I get a trim/cut in 3 weeks but wanted to treat my hair to something special in the meantime, curious to hear some feedback on what you love.

Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fav. Hair Treatment / Mask or similar.

@SandGirl wrote:

What is your fav "treatment" for your hair that you feel has the most impact.

My hair has just been feeling blah, even though I did a clarifying wash, used hot oil treatment on it, just seems to be tangnling easy and looking less shiny and blah. I get a trim/cut in 3 weeks but wanted to treat my hair to something special in the meantime, curious to hear some feedback on what you love.

Thank you!!!

@SandGirl   For years I've been deep conditioning my hair twice a week. I use Shea Moisture's Deep Conditioner, their masks, etc. It's inexpensive and gives my hair shine w/o weighing it down. I've conditioned with Moroccanoil products and others that were more expensive and always go back to Shea Moisture.

After applying it to clean hair, I put on an inexpensive shower cap ...disposable drugstore or Sally's. Leave it on anywhere from 1/2 hour to an hour and rinse out. Especially great for curly, wavy or coarse hair, but works great on all hair. 

Respected Contributor

I just started using AMIKA The Kure Intense repair mask, my hair is very dry and my stylist recommended to me, just avoid the very top of your scalp. It really worked great for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl 

The Save Me things work great for me! I really like the Pollution Assault; also have the Chemical Conflict. Check their website for full descriptions of the different ones.

I know others have recommended Joico (sp...?) but I never got to use that.