Honored Contributor

Farmhouse Fresh Show tonight!

I had never heard of this company so I just went on to their website to poke around-very nice!!!!! I am excited to see the show, they have some very very nice products and I think they are going to give The Beekman Boys and even Philosophy a run for their money so to speak! lol!

Honored Contributor

Re: Farmhouse Fresh Show tonight!

@CANDLEQUEEN   Beekman is all natural, clean beauty. Philosophy is anything but that. I'd never compare the two of them. 

Respected Contributor

I read reviews for some of their products. Many said their scents are very strong. 

Respected Contributor

My salon has carried their products for years. Wonderful products. Their masks are wonderful. I see they have a new one exclusive to QVC along with their One Fine Day Scrub which is a staple in my stash. This scent is also exclusive to QVC, Don't know  what it is but after using the scrub which they say you can use everyday, my skin  looks just glows. Their body scrubs are also excellent along with their body oil. I highly recommend this line of products.The body creams smell yummy but I find in the colder months I need a heavier type of body cream. 

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I read reviews for some of their products. Many said their scents are very strong. 

@Janey2 , I completely disagree. Their scents are soft and just heavenly. Actual they don't linger too long on the skin. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   Beekman is all natural, clean beauty. Philosophy is anything but that. I'd never compare the two of them. 

@Shanus Hi! I wasn't comparing the two at all, I just meant that having another Bath and Body line might give them a little competition, especially since philosophy has been on QVC for so long, and Beekman is super popular!

Respected Contributor

I tried the hand creams from Farmhouse Fresh several years ago. One of my favorite boutique stores down the shore sells their products. I also ordered a few things from Skinstore, back when they carried the line. They no longer do.

I tried the Hello Yellow, Fluffy Bunny and the Sweet Cream scents. The best one was the Sweet Cream . . . OMG, it was heavenly!! If very much reminds me of Philosophy's Fresh Cream, but better.

Of course it's a matter of opinion, but the Hello Yellow had a very strong scent. I can't even remember what Fluffy Bunny smelled like.

The hand creams were OK, they're very thick and I found them to be slightly greasy so they didn't absorb as well as I would've liked. I much prefer the Beekman hand creams. They're the best hand creams I ever used. 

I also tried the Sweet Cream body scrub, and although the scent was fantastic, I didn't care for the product at all. Not only did it do nothing for my skin, but it made the floor of the shower very slippery.

Overall, I just wasn't impressed with the products that I tried. There's certainly nothing wrong with them, but they just didn't work for me. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

My salon has carried their products for years. Wonderful products. Their masks are wonderful. I see they have a new one exclusive to QVC along with their One Fine Day Scrub which is a staple in my stash. This scent is also exclusive to QVC, Don't know  what it is but after using the scrub which they say you can use everyday, my skin  looks just glows. Their body scrubs are also excellent along with their body oil. I highly recommend this line of products.The body creams smell yummy but I find in the colder months I need a heavier type of body cream. 

@Tricolor  Thank you for your review.  My concern about any body butter is that they are too thin, or require re-applying during the day. 

Beekman whipped body butter on me requires re-applying, especially in the colder months.  Philosophy whipped creams are a joke on me, I could barely get out the door without needing to re-apply.  Only Josie Maran's body butter works perfectly for my skin.

I considered FF's Shea body butter, but I'm not at all convinced it'll work for me. 

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

@Tricolor  Thank you for your review.  My concern about any body butter is that they are too thin, or require re-applying during the day. 

Beekman whipped body butter on me requires re-applying, especially in the colder months.  Philosophy whipped creams are a joke on me, I could barely get out the door without needing to re-apply.  Only Josie Maran's body butter works perfectly for my skin.

I considered FF's Shea body butter, but I'm not at all convinced it'll work for me. 

@Caaareful Shopper   I have found this to be true for me as well. The Beekman body cream, while certainly a lovely product, just did not work for my old and damaged skin. And, Philosophy is basically just a scent.  I found no benefit at all with that. Maybe if I were younger.  Josie Maran seems to be the only thing that works for me. All of these body products are pricey, so I tend to stick with what works for me. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I had never heard of this company so I just went on to their website to poke around-very nice!!!!! I am excited to see the show, they have some very very nice products and I think they are going to give The Beekman Boys and even Philosophy a run for their money so to speak! lol!

@CANDLEQUEEN  - I'm going to try to watch some of the show. Thx for posting. Are you planning to shop?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri