Trusted Contributor

Fantastic foundation brush for $8

As someone with a lot of textured skin due to old acne scars, I prefer to use a brush to apply my foundation as I need good coverage.  Over the years I've tried a lot of them, mostly high end but also some drugstore.  I've found that the ones I like the most tend to be really hard to clean and after awhile they just don't work as well.

I don't remember where, but recently I saw a recommendation for a really inexpensive brush on Amazon.  Since it was only $7.99, I decided to try it.  I LOVE it!  I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I don't think I'll ever go back to my other brushes.  It's very densely packed so the foundation goes on without any streaks and it also doesn't hold onto a lot of the product so it's simple to clean.  

It's fairly large so it makes it quick to apply product.  It also has a pointy edge which is great for around your nose.  I also use that side to apply concealer.  It says you can use it for powder, but I haven't tried that yet. 

Foundation Brush, Daubigny Iron Type Makeup Brush for Face Blush Liquid Powder Foundation Brush for Blending Liquid, Cream or Flawless Powder Cosmetics with Protective Case (Black)

Honored Contributor

Re: Fantastic foundation brush for $8

Looks very interesting, such a different shape..I can see where it would give full coverage though......Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@lkat  I love the flat, very densely packed brushes for my liquid foundations.  They give me an airbrush finish that I love!  Some of the flat brushes out there are not dense enough for me.  I use Tarte's dense liquid foundation brush, but they can be expensive.  Thank you for this shout out!!

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper That's my favorite type too.  I like the Tarte and also like the IT kabuki flat top, but I find they both hold onto the foundation so they're a pain to clean.  I think you will really like this one if you try it.  

Occasional Contributor

Love this brush!  Bought a second one for backup just in case.  Applies foundation so well, and makes a little go a long way.  I saw it advertised on FB, has many great reviews.  It's a keeper!

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper That's my favorite type too.  I like the Tarte and also like the IT kabuki flat top, but I find they both hold onto the foundation so they're a pain to clean.  I think you will really like this one if you try it.  

@lkat   Yes, I know what you mean about cleaning the Tarte brush.  But that was before I started using those small round silicone pads with the soft little nubbies on them (I get them on Amazon).  I use Purity on the silicone pad, and swish around my wet makeup brush on it.  Cleans beautifully & thoroughly!  

Honored Contributor

I've seen something similar pop up on my FB feed and was curious.  Don't usually use a liquid foundation but wonder how it would do for powder.  May get it and test it with my powder foundations.

Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

As someone with a lot of textured skin due to old acne scars, I prefer to use a brush to apply my foundation as I need good coverage.  Over the years I've tried a lot of them, mostly high end but also some drugstore.  I've found that the ones I like the most tend to be really hard to clean and after awhile they just don't work as well.

I don't remember where, but recently I saw a recommendation for a really inexpensive brush on Amazon.  Since it was only $7.99, I decided to try it.  I LOVE it!  I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I don't think I'll ever go back to my other brushes.  It's very densely packed so the foundation goes on without any streaks and it also doesn't hold onto a lot of the product so it's simple to clean.  

It's fairly large so it makes it quick to apply product.  It also has a pointy edge which is great for around your nose.  I also use that side to apply concealer.  It says you can use it for powder, but I haven't tried that yet. 

Foundation Brush, Daubigny Iron Type Makeup Brush for Face Blush Liquid Powder Foundation Brush for Blending Liquid, Cream or Flawless Powder Cosmetics with Protective Case (Black)

@lkat   I have an older brush (w/ a handle) similar to this with a "well" in the center. It came with some powder foundation, I think, from QVC.