Honored Contributor

There's a product I use when I want to look like I'm wearing falsies...it's called Ready to Wear Lash Extension Fibers in a Bottle. You use your own mascara first then apply the fibers right away on top of the wet mascara. Then apply another coat of mascara to 'sandwich' in the fibers and keep them from coming off. The process of applying the fibers is a bit messy. You always end up with some of the loose fibers on your face and a tiny bit gets in your eyes. Just use a fluffy brush to sweep them off your face. The whole process takes a little practice but once you get it the results are pretty fab.Woman Happy

If you have skimpy lashes, don't worry because this stuff creates some pretty dramatic looking lashes. That's what it is designed for.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I just thought it might be fun to try them....not for all the time like the Kardashians😄  

@SeaMaiden

Greater than zero chance, they have Lash Extensions.

I workout w/ gals who are no makeup, sweaty, but yet their

lashes are long & pretty...I asked & yep, lash extensions.

With or without makeup/mascara, they still look good. 

That might be an option. 

Honored Contributor

I tried them (at home), couldn't get them on right and felt I looked foolish.  I'm happy with my mascara.

Respected Contributor

OMG I am high maintenance enough already...the thought of adding one more thing is exhausting!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I have never worn false lashes. I am okay with my short lashes.

Valued Contributor

I wear them for very special occasions only. They are so hard on your natural lashes. When you pull that strip off you lose a few of your own lashes. If you wear them often I’ve heard eventually your lashes get very sparse. 

Esteemed Contributor

No - too late

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

Yes, but something subtle please!

Most of the women I see in false lashes look made up for an over the top character in a Carol Burnett comedy sketch.

@x Hedge  That is why I never tried them.  I am not into lots of makeup or a fake look.  Probably best I stick it mascara!

Trusted Contributor

I'm 58 & have never worn them, either. I used to watch my older sister apply them when I was a teenager. Looked like more trouble than it was worth.

Honored Contributor

I've never worn them, I was never tempted.  Back in the day, they always looked fake and I never liked anything that was obviously fake.  A couple of coats of mascara is all I ever needed.  I think you can find realistic false eyelashes now but I don't see the point unless you have no eyelashes at all.  If my eyelashes do get thinner as I get older, I'd have eyelash extensions before I go the false eyelash route.