Trusted Contributor

For those who wear false eyelashes, do you wear them on a daily basis?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I recently posted here that I ordered from HSN the magnetic false eyelashes.

I've read a lot about them and were curious about how'd they work.

When I received them, some had come entirely out of the box and they were a mess!

The reason I bought those was because they were from the woman who 'supposedly' was the first to design the magnetic one's.

The theory sounds good and I guess if you are used to wearing them it's easy to put on.

I'm from the 60's so I love eye makeup.  I have always worn lots of mascara and I line the inner rim of my eyes.

I love seeing women wear all sizes and kinds (there are various styles) of false eyelashes.  I think it's fun.

I haven't finished with the false eyelash thing (even magnetic one's just taking a break right now.

I would think it's like a lot of things (it is with me and my wigs) where I don't think I look good without wearing the wig and I NEVER leave the house without all of my makeup on and dressed totally.

Right now I like the false eyelashes that come out from the outside of the eye.  It's just a few lashes and it makes your eyes look young and flirty.  I'll see if I can find some examples.

I found this. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/495607133976996209/

The problem is it doesn't show the one's I like, but it is informative and interesting. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: False Eyelashes

[ Edited ]

Was just curious because I hadn't worn any in years. Used to wear the accent ones every day. I may just stay with mascara. Just like I remembered, they felt kind of heavy, of course there is something hanging off your eyelids. And kind of stiff. I have Dry Eye and wondered what kind of reaction I would get. I used the Duo formaledyde- and latex-free glue. No irritation or anything (which is good!), but just probably will save them for special occasions.

@Annabellethecat66I agree about the magnetic ones, waste of money. You are probably wanting the ones I used to wear, called accent lashes (from Ardell). They are about 1/3 the length of regular ones, worn at the outer edges. Much less dramatic. They are actually hard to find in stores, I always ordered mine online.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I put off ordering them for a long time.  I research everything way overboard for a long time.

One reason why I finally ordered them is because she was supposedly the person who designed the original one's.  I never mind paying for something if I think it's worth it.

Also another reason I've waited is because I'm 72 and have putting on my makeup down to maybe 10 minutes over the years.

I just don't want to add more onto it.  I think I'm the type that would feel like I need to put them on and then go crazy when I couldn't do it fast.

It's like wearing the wig.  My friend always says, "Why do you get so angry when people say, "You don't look like you're 72.  I thought you were in your 50's".  

I say, "It's because I know how bad the rest of my body looks.  It (to me) just emphasizes how dumb I was to not take care of the rest of my body".  

So, adding one more thing (false eyelashes) would drive me crazy. 

Does that make sense?  If it does you should worry,...because I'm ding dong and you don't want to think like me.....Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

Like to try but not wear.  MIght be interesting how I would look.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66   Is thst young lady on your video speaking English?  I couldn't understand a word she said except I heard "eyes" a couple of times.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

There doesn't seem to be a newscaster or any woman on t.v. that doesn't wear some type of false eyelash these days.  I guess they are a staple beauty item.  

I have never tried them but always was curious about them.  I always wondered what I would look like with them on.  I have very light and fine lashes and my whole life I had to really pile on the mascara to have them look nice and make my eyes stand out.  

I now have a lot of eye issues --- sensitivites, dryness, etc. -- and I doubt I could handle them at all.  

For the most part, I think they are so pretty on people but there are the occasions when I think people go too far with them.  But then again, they might be the lash extensions, too.  I say if a person feels better in them and enjoys them --- go for it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin