Honored Contributor

Re: Falling in Love and all the Philosophy fragrances?

@pam45 wrote:

How does one get the message to Philosophy that their fragrances are such a disappointment. I have been using Amazing Grace and Falling in Love for many years.  Since the sale of the company it's all gone down hill.  Seems like this could be turned around?  Coty- bite the bullet and bring back the original fragrances everyone loves.

I gave up writing letters and expressing my disappointment w/ Philosophy fragrances. I did what was best for me. I just stopped purchasing all those fragrances and moved on to others I liked that had staying power. If others would do the same, Philosophy may investigate the drop in sales. 

Respected Contributor

I wore Pure Grace for years and alway got compliments from strangers.  Not anymore.  It used to smell like pure soap and clean no other notes but now it is different. 

uuRe: Falling in Love and all the Philosophy fragrances?

I agree wholeheartedly with you.  Amazing Grace scent is gone almost by the time you put it on.  NO ONE comments on how nicely one smells because the scents go away.  I thought I'd give it a second chance a few months back and another BIG disappointment.  They are not using the proper (or same) scenting ingredients as the original wonderful product.  SHAME ON COTY.

Contributor

AG was my favorite perfume until they reduced the amount of essential oils.  Over the years I have called Cust Service at Philosophy and they continue to say the formula has not ever been changed.  I stopped buying it for years because of the lack of staying power.    Since there was the rumor about a watered down version at QVC.   I decided to purchase on sale the 4 oz. size of the parfum from Macy's . Unfortunately,  same result.  The scent disappears  rapidly.  I called Philosophy's cust. svc. and the woman repeated the same thing I've been told.  "The formula has never been changed".  She added it is the number one selling perfume sold at Macy's.  "It flies off the shelf".  Sad to say, but as previously stated in other posts.  Since it still remains to be so popular the company will still keep on selling it the way it is and save money instead of  putting back the original amount of essential oils it originally had.  Sadly, I will never purchase any perfume from Philosophy again.  I truly believe that Christina would have never let that happen. She was great.  

Contributor

Every time I'm in ULTA I go past Philosophy and spray the Amazing Grace to see if Coty changed the scent back and it always smells horrible. Since the sale to Coty many years ago the scent changed. Up until then I used AG for almost a decade so I'm very familiar of the original scent. Probably over 5 years ago Philosophy sent me 2 bottles of their Amazing Grace spray fragrance and the select group of us were to use the 2 bottles and answer a questionaire. They were 2 full sized bottles of AG. I did the questionaire and sent it back and I couldn't even use the 2 free AG bottles because they smelled horrible, into the trash they went. And it doesn't look like anything changed based on the questionaires. So sad.

Contributor

I was in Walgreens and found an Amazing Grace impression from In Style fragrances. They're usually about $12, so I bought one. I've gotten so many compliments on it. And I can still smell it when I get home from work (I even bought a second one; currently, they are $5 off).  I love this brand. I must have 10 or 12 of their fragrances. 

Regular Contributor

I've felt recently that my Pure Grace doesn't last as long, but I'm using a mix of products purchased recently and over the years so it's hard to put my finger on which products are and aren't lasting. However, recently a coworker I've only known a few months asked whether I had any dry shampoo. Since I keep a ridiculous stash of products at work, I offered her my PG dry shampoo. As soon as she sprayed it she said "HEY! This smells like you!" So apparently my fragrance is strong enough for people to detect it.

Since I started a new relationship, I have been using Falling In Love again. I haven't been wearing it in quite a while, so it's definitely older poducts, and I notice it staying FOREVER. I have to be careful with it because it stays on my clothes, bedding, etc for days on end.

Occasional Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I completely agree with you!  I wanted to try Philosophy for years and decided to try the Falling in Love scent.  I ordered the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, scrub, lotion and EDP.  I absolutely adore the fragrance but sadly the staying power is extremely short-lived.  The EDP lasts only minutes, I sprayed it on all of my usual pressure points and 10 minutes later the scent was gone!  My husband liked the scent on me as well and kept asking me why I didn't wear the perfume.  The shampoo, conditioner and lotion has absolutely no scent at all!  I was going to send it back but I've used so much of the perfume from having to reapply it several times a day, that it's half gone!  I only received my order three weeks ago.....very disappointed!!  This will definitely be my first and last purchase of Philosophy.  

Honored Contributor

When I send something back I always call customer service and tell them what I'm sending back just so they can make note on my account, then I send it back if possible.

I've never sent any Philosophy back because it's so large and too much hassle.  I just about bathed in the perfume this morning before I went out.  While doing it, I thought I'd choke to death...Ha!  Then in a minute or two couldn't smell it any longer.

Every now and then I'll have someone say they like the smell, but not like they used to do that.  Some people must just have very sensitive noses.  Ha!  I know you can get used to the smell of your cologne, but even after I've put something on I'd worn a day or two ago but I couldn't smell it.  In the past I could smell it immediately.  No longer.  

It's so watered down it's sad really.  I keep saying I'm going to stop buying it but I like wearing cologne.  I used to wear Channel #5.  My late husband always bought it for me, but after he died, I just couldn't wear it anymore.

Then I changed to Clinique's Happy but it seems so strong now and I've never had anyone (like with AG) say they like it.

Why in the world did they have to change something so wonderful.  Maybe I'll go back to Channel No. 5 if it doesn't make me too sad thinking about him telling me how good I smelled.  Even sitting here typing this I'm getting upset.  He just enjoyed it so much.

Oh Well!  I tell myself if that's my only problem in the world I'm lucky...right?  Wish it was.  Ha!  Take care.

Contributor

I too noticed that the scent doesn't last, smells more like alcohol than Falling In Love.. Please bring it back to what it was.