Honored Contributor

Falling In Love Eau de Parfum Disappearing, too?

I just contacted CS to change one of my upcoming A/D shipments to FIL. I was told it was no longer available; there is no waitlist. I now have a choice of only AG or PG. Since I don't use PG and I have a stockpile of AG, I've just cancelled the shipment.

QVC was one of the only places you could get the FIL in the eau de parfum version (as told to me by Philosophy's CS) and now that's gone. The recent super-size TSV they had supposedly contained the FIL eau de parfum and it was awful! There was no way it was the same fragrance; had a strong smell of alcohol and then faded to nothing. I still had a bit of my previous bottle left so I could compare them. It wasn't just in my imagination (and it seems from the reviews a lot of others had the same experience).

I sent it back. So now that's another perfume off my list. Coty has ruined the Philosophy brand, IMO.

Respected Contributor

Re: Falling In Love Eau de Parfum Disappearing, too?

I agree, it's not the same at all.

Respected Contributor

You *may* be able to get the perfume at Macy's. It's worth a try.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 spent2much said:

You *may* be able to get the perfume at Macy's. It's worth a try.

Thank you. I'm probably going to be near Macy's tomorrow, so I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

FIL was my go to fragrance for many years. I finally went on a long search (with the help of the Ladies here) to find something similar, as I loved the scent so much. I ended up with Trish McEvoy #9. it is not exact, but it is close, and the scent lasts a long time.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Thanks, Mistic. I'll keep that in mind, if I can't find the FIL perfume in the future. Smile