Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Fall OPI GEL nail polish color recommendations

I use OPI GEL, not regular polish on my nails. I love switiching up the colors during this time of the year and like to wear the darker ones. I currently have a color that is not OPI Gel but it's another brand my nails alon uses that is a grayish-purple. I love burgundy, almost black, black, and plum. I'd love to hear your recommendations as we go into this season. Thank you in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall OPI GEL nail polish color recommendations

@Glorimar  Do you need a UV light for ALL gel polishes?  Anyone?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@Glorimar  Do you do your own nails or go to a salon?  I go to a salon and one of my favorite fall colors is D & D Gold in Red.  It might be too red for you since you like the darker colors.  It also has a very tiny hint of glimmer.  This is not my hand:

DND Gel in color “Gold in Red” ❤️: RedditLaqueristas

Regular Contributor

@spent2much  It depends on the ingredients. In the past few years some companies have released "gel" polishes that they promote as being longer lasting than regular polish without needing a light (or any kind).

Initially, gel polishes required what is called a UV lamp for curing. Then came the polishes that cured using a LED lamp. A UV lamp contans a CFL bulb which is manufactured to emit certain UV frequencies. An LED lamp contains a different type of bulb that also is manufactured to emit certain UV frequencies, just diffrerent ones. The frequencies used depend on the frequencies required to properly cure the specific ingredients in a polish. The "gel-like" polishes use different ingredients that don't require use of a lamp.