Trusted Contributor

Fake reviews on the new Mally 5 piece collection?

[ Edited ]

Has anyone received theirs yet?  It seems a little odd to me that advance orders just shipped on 07/21/15 and there are already two 5 star reviews by people who have only been active since 07/22/15.

I did order and am looking forward to receiving this, but this seems suspicious to me.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fake reviews on the new Mally 5 piece collection?

I just got 1 of mine this afternoon in medium waiting for the light to see which I like best but so far it's OK lover her eyeliner & glosses & mascara so that I knew I would like. Dislike her brushes they shed like crazy. The foundation like ibsaid waiting for the light to see which I like best only negative I can see now of the foundation is that it's very powdery/messy has a lot of kick up powder with that being said I'll prob still keep it because I love the other 3 things in it just have to decide what shade to return
Trusted Contributor

@andrea il wrote:
I just got 1 of mine this afternoon in medium waiting for the light to see which I like best but so far it's OK lover her eyeliner & glosses & mascara so that I knew I would like. Dislike her brushes they shed like crazy. The foundation like ibsaid waiting for the light to see which I like best only negative I can see now of the foundation is that it's very powdery/messy has a lot of kick up powder with that being said I'll prob still keep it because I love the other 3 things in it just have to decide what shade to return

Maybe they're real reviews.  I just thought it was too soon for people to have received them.

Thanks for your review.

Honored Contributor

some people are quick to post reviews- like they just get it, swipe some on and then run and write a review. I wish people took more time and effort into writing reviews. They are suppose to be helpful but often times are full of insignificant fluff or they haven't even used it long enough to really give an accurate review. I've almost completley forgone reviews these days. They should teach a class in school on what it means to "REVIEW" something and what a GOOD review should contain, lol!

Regular Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

some people are quick to post reviews- like they just get it, swipe some on and then run and write a review. I wish people took more time and effort into writing reviews. They are suppose to be helpful but often times are full of insignificant fluff or they haven't even used it long enough to really give an accurate review. I've almost completley forgone reviews these days. They should teach a class in school on what it means to "REVIEW" something and what a GOOD review should contain, lol!

Or you see either positive or negative reviews from someone who says something like "i just ordered it and it looks pretty can't wait to get it".  Or a 1 star review with "Got my package in the mail and it was half ripped open and wet".  Mostly I see those kinds of reviews on Amazon, or other websites, but they drive me nuts.  I ignore them and hate that they skew the overall rating for a product.

Ok...I guess that was more of a vent that had nothing to do with the original thread.Woman Frustrated

Regular Contributor

Sounds suspicious to me. I agree that you have to use the product for a while typically before being able to give a useful review!

Esteemed Contributor

They could be legit, or they could be fake.  There have been many examples of bogus reviews highlighted here in the forums.  A few years ago, David's cookbook had many 5-star reviews, but it was in advance order and hadn't even shipped.  If you look at some of the fashion reviews, you'll see people giving 5-star reviews yet stating they didn't order because their size/color was sold out.  Some say they're leaving a positive review in hopes of a re-order.  My faves are the ones who give it 5-stars, but admit they sent it back for whatever reason.  It wasn't good enough to keep, yet they give it 5 stars.  They just don't want to hurt the vendor's reputation/feelings.  Too funny!  

QVC needs to revamp the way they do online reviews.  If you didn't order or you don't own it, your review should not be approved.  I'd also suggest they make people wait a certain period before allowing reviews to be posted.  Those "I just took it out of the mailbox" reviews don't have much credibility versus those who actually used the product, put in through the laundry, etc.

Occasional Contributor

How does this happen ? Does anyone check these reviews, I wonder ?

Honored Contributor

I wish QVC had spent all that time and money revamping the review system, instead of on this board.  (Which had relatively few problems)

Esteemed Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

Has anyone received theirs yet?  It seems a little odd to me that advance orders just shipped on 07/21/15 and there are already two 5 star reviews by people who have only been active since 07/22/15.

I did order and am looking forward to receiving this, but this seems suspicious to me.

Okay, I had to look at those early reviews.

What I got out of these two on 22nd, they both appeared to be clean written and very much down to a point.

Totally different writing style and emotional tone in each one, though. If you pay attention to the writing style, and delivery of content, you could notice - they were PROFESSIONALLY written precisely on the subject.

Not necessarily fake, but rather professional - step-by-step description of a product. There was no that "extra" stuff that buyers usually write in review, jumping all over the subject. These two were actually REVIEWING the product.

What I think, these were done by YouTube reviewers, who receive new products and kits from companies directly, and BEFORE everyone else.

They are the ones to post personal video presentation on YouTube, before kits go on sale on Q, make-up company site, and other sites, and maybe doing these product reviews, could also be a part of their "job".

So, they are not "fake" reviews, per say, but rather they are "reviews by reviewers", I'd think. At least, this makes sense, why they showed up early.