Super Contributor

Fair (skin tone) ladies......

I'm wondering what foundations or other makeup the other fair ladies like {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I was in ulta today picking up a lipstick and poking about the foundations, and it got me thinking it would be great to have a list of sorts of what other fair ladies have had good luck with.

I have pinkish undertones, and skin on the dry side. Right now I am using IT CC cream in fair. I'm mostly happy with it. Sometimes I feel like it could use a little powder on top. I think I'm always looking for the perfect foundation though {#emotions_dlg.lol} so I'll be reading the replies with great interest

Super Contributor

Re: Fair (skin tone) ladies......

I've recently "discovered" the Revlon Colorstay line, and have been so satisfied. (I started a thread a few weeks ago about it - there was a lot of positive response.)

I'm fair with pinkish undertones like you, and the Ivory is a perfect match.

Honored Contributor

For the best shades (pink undertones, neutral & yellow) you need to check out Laura Mercier. Right now she is offering free shipping on any purchase with 2 deluxe samples to choose from. I have her tinted moisturizer and also her crème foundation in a jar. Most of her foundations are very, very nice. I am a fair/light gal and I wear Blush. You probably are lighter than me so would need a lighter shade. Her sheer lipsticks are wonderful, her blush, love some of body butters & fragrances, she has awesome primers and powders. It's worth the extra little bit of money.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

Hi there. I am really, really fair (like Nicole Kidman) with reddish hair and pink undertones. I am also quite dry. I have had some success with Tarte Amazonian Clay in Fair that I bought here at QVC, but when I tried to buy it at Ulta, it was too yellow for me. I also can use Bare Minerals in Fair Original, the Matte version is too dark for me. I must use a good moisturizer with that one because the powder can be tough to get blended in on dry skin.

The latest one I have tried (after reading reviews here) is Revlon Colorstay - the lightest one they carry. I have tried the liquid for dry skin formula and the whipped one. I think I like the whipped a bit more, just because of the feel of it, but they both are great for coverage and staying power. My face has not dried out with either of these. I've been using these for about a week since I ran out of Bare Minerals. Hope this helps - good luck!

Honored Contributor

In winter I use Suzanne Organics lightest foundation and powder, in summer I use the medium for powder for both.

I apply liquid and powders with brushes and go lightly on the powder. Just a few brush strokes to set the foundation.

There's also a tinted SPF that is way way too dark, so I mix it with the winter foundation to lighten it up.

The SPF just came out a month or so ago and I don't know how I'm going to do this in winter months.

I'll figure it out!

Super Contributor

I am extremely porcelain fair, red hair, pale skin with more yellow undertones. I am also very, very dry all year long. I ALWAYS wear the first, or lightest color in anyone's foundation line.

I do love IT's CC cream in fair, I also put over that , lightly, Philosophy's Supernatural airbrushed Canvas Powder Foundation with Spf 15 in Natural Ivory and I have really loved this color the best for several months now. I also can wear and enjoy Laura Geller's Powder Shaker of Light Balance and Brighten.

I find if you have decent skin, with little break out or moles, freckles, etc., that with a good CC cream,such as IT, than most any of the lightest colors of foundation serve me very well. I am just really enjoying these powder shaker forms right now very much. If I went to a drug store I would buy the lightest color in any brand that suited me and it would work. (believe me...over the years...I've tried them ALL !) Another beautiful one is Mally's new foundation, item #A228494, I think, it wears fabulously !!!! I do not change to a darker shade for spring or summer, or in winter. I use different shades of cheek color when in the mood. But I always wear Laura Geller's Bronze and Brighten lightly as an under color. Fabulous !

I hope this helps you some ! Smile

Honored Contributor

I am neutral to pink undertones, fair to light. I don't need alot of coverage, skin is normal to dry and the ones I like are:

Missha Perfect Cover is something I keep going back to over the years.

Andalou Naturals Moisturizing CC cream

Josie Maran Matchmaker Foundation

Perricone No foundation foundation SERUM (not the regular one) but it is too dark- looking forward to the lighter shade because I really like it otherwise.

My biggest gripe in foundations is usually the color match but these ones, especially the Andalou and Missha are the best matches I've ever found.

Fun thread!!

Respected Contributor

I don't use foundation, but the best concealer I have found is a drugstore brand: Maybelline Dreamlumi touch highlighting concealer in Ivory. It's not very thick so there's less settling into fine lines.

Honored Contributor

On 7/29/2014 hopeQ1 said:

I am extremely porcelain fair, red hair, pale skin with more yellow undertones. I am also very, very dry all year long. I ALWAYS wear the first, or lightest color in anyone's foundation line.

I do love IT's CC cream in fair, I also put over that , lightly, Philosophy's Supernatural airbrushed Canvas Powder Foundation with Spf 15 in Natural Ivory and I have really loved this color the best for several months now. I also can wear and enjoy Laura Geller's Powder Shaker of Light Balance and Brighten.

I find if you have decent skin, with little break out or moles, freckles, etc., that with a good CC cream,such as IT, than most any of the lightest colors of foundation serve me very well. I am just really enjoying these powder shaker forms right now very much. If I went to a drug store I would buy the lightest color in any brand that suited me and it would work. (believe me...over the years...I've tried them ALL !) Another beautiful one is Mally's new foundation, item #A228494, I think, it wears fabulously !!!! I do not change to a darker shade for spring or summer, or in winter. I use different shades of cheek color when in the mood. But I always wear Laura Geller's Bronze and Brighten lightly as an under color. Fabulous !

I hope this helps you some ! Smile

Regarding the Mally foundation you mentioned, do you think it would work for drier skin? I've always been curious about this foundation but I am always hesitant to buy any more of her stuff because most doesn't work for me. Thanks!

Frequent Contributor

I have fair skin that is also very dry. I have used Estée Lauder Luminosity liquid foundation in porcelain beige for years. I use the It foundation brush to apply. I have tried many different brands and formulations and nothing has worked as well. The color and coverage is perfect for me. I think using the brush for application helps to give a smooth yet light layer of product. This is the only Estée Lauder product I have ever used! The cost of the skin care is pricey so I have not ventured to try it! Perhaps I should after using the foundation for so many years.