Trusted Contributor

Re: Failed Attempt @ Getting Tretinoin

For those of you who purchase from All Day Chemist, I'm assuming that you find it to be a reputable retailer selling a genuine product. As soon as I hear "India" I get very skeptical. I know you have recommended this company as a reliable source but I'm not convinced the product is the same as what you would get here. Please educate me. I would rather not have to get a prescription (my derm covered through health insurance is strictly clinical). I would be willing to pay out of pocket for the cost of the Tretinoin but I don't really want to make an appt. with a cosmetic derm. Ordering online would be so much easier.

Regular Contributor

Please listen to his comments. My doctor also warned me about high levels of vitamin D. I was told I could have cancer recurrence if it goes too high. I am on 5000iu a day and my blood level is normal. Please be careful with high doses of vitamin d.
Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@SilleeMee How long does it take to get the shipment?  I should get that.

@NYCLatinaMe 

It takes about 3-4 weeks to get to your door from AllDayChemist. Just so you know they only accept eChecks, paper checks or money orders as methods of payments. No credit cards or PayPal are accepted there. I pay by echeck where I provide my bank routing and account numbers on their website. In case you're not familiar with eChecks, they are just like writing a paper check only it's done electronically and it's much more secure than a paper check or a credit card. I've been using eChecks at ADC for many years with no problems whatsoever.

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

For those of you who purchase from All Day Chemist, I'm assuming that you find it to be a reputable retailer selling a genuine product. As soon as I hear "India" I get very skeptical. I know you have recommended this company as a reliable source but I'm not convinced the product is the same as what you would get here. Please educate me. I would rather not have to get a prescription (my derm covered through health insurance is strictly clinical). I would be willing to pay out of pocket for the cost of the Tretinoin but I don't really want to make an appt. with a cosmetic derm. Ordering online would be so much easier.

@LuvSoCal 

AllDayChemist is a real pharmacy and they sell real drugs. In case you didn't know, most of the drugs here in the US are manufactured in India and China. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@september wrote:

I have always gotten it from tarasc.com.  

I used to get mine from her, but won't order again after she kept my money, never sent the order, wouldn't respond to emails, answer phone calls, or return phone calls. 

Was that recently?   It's been a year+ since my last order, and got two tubes.  Still using up the second.  I know in the past, they were at times slow and I often had to send a reminder that I was still waiting...but always got what I ordered.  

It happened last year, late spring/early summer, about an $80-ish order.  All's well that ends well, though.  A couple of months ago, I happened to ask my NP if she could order Tretinoin for me in the .1% cream, and she did along with five refills. It's exactly what I've wanted all long.  Tara and ADC don't have it in that strength and form. If I want cream, it's been a lower concentration and their .1% is always in gel form, so it's always been a compromise on my part for the price. Anyway, my prescription at Walgreens is only $10.  I couldn't be happier.

Respected Contributor

I'm 60, and my internist told me to stay between 2000 and 3000 IU.  I don't have MS, but I did read a bit about D3 and MS this morning after seeing your post.  I didn't see the amount you take recommended for MS patients unless they had a blood test showing a deficit, and then the amount you take was recommended for 3 months dropping to a normal dosage if blood tests showed there was no longer a deficit.  But I'm sure you're taking the amount you are with the blessing of your regular doctor.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   You'll have much better luck and info from your derm. Once you have your RX, refills are a breeze.

Uh, if you haven't purchased it before, the sticker shock at checkout may get you. My insurance doesn't cover it and it was $125. Of course using a pea size amount, it's at least a 6-8 month supply.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm   You'll have much better luck and info from your derm. Once you have your RX, refills are a breeze.

Uh, if you haven't purchased it before, the sticker shock at checkout may get you. My insurance doesn't cover it and it was $125. Of course using a pea size amount, it's at least a 6-8 month supply.

I have used it but never saw any results

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

With ADC, you need to realize that it takes a month to get your order.  The products are legit, and inexpensive, but the shipping is what's high.  Even so, it ends up being a deal for those who are unable to get it locally.  My suggestion ould be to recheck your insurance coverage.  After it not being covered on mine, something changed along the the line and now I can.  My prescription, filled at my local pharmacy, is only $10.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@LuvSoCal wrote:

With ADC, you need to realize that it takes a month to get your order.  The products are legit, and inexpensive, but the shipping is what's high.  Even so, it ends up being a deal for those who are unable to get it locally.  My suggestion ould be to recheck your insurance coverage.  After it not being covered on mine, something changed along the the line and now I can.  My prescription, filled at my local pharmacy, is only $10.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

You still have to go to your doctor to get the Rx for the tret. In my case a visit to my derm is a $75 copay + time and the wait to get there which is usually about 3 weeks around here.