Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've used Philosophy Purity to cleanse face & eye makeup. Purchased the facial wipes for travel& it say " do not get near eyes". Strange, huh? 

@Shanus...Yes, many eye creams also state "do not get near eyes"...strange since they are made for the eye area...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facial wipes

[ Edited ]

Earth Therapeutics carries a natural silk complexion mitt for gentle facial cleansing...You do need to use your own facial cleanser which I prefer...I do find that it is too small and am looking for a larger mitt or similar facial cloths made of same material.

I checked into Joy's facial towels, mentioned in this thread, which sound very nice and also come in white which I prefer...Don't these cloths contain some type of facial cleanser?...I don't understand how just water will thoroughly cleanse the face?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

No. No cleanser at all.

As a matter of fact you're instructed to launder before using...

I don't know how they work I just know that they do. And unlike some facial wipes there's no abrasive rubbing either. I haven't tried the Campanelli ones but I think they're similar in that they're extremely soft and gentle.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facial wipes

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@MyShadowLove

No. No cleanser at all.

As a matter of fact you're instructed to launder before using...

I don't know how they work I just know that they do. And unlike some facial wipes there's no abrasive rubbing either. I haven't tried the Campanelli ones but I think they're similar in that they're extremely soft and gentle.

@Andreatoo,

I own the Campanelli towels and they are super good. So gentle, so effective and so saving me money on cleansing products!Woman Very Happy

FRESHFACE MAKEUP REMOVER TOWELS by Campanelli  A340743

a340743.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

I've had these towels for a while but just used one for the first time last night because I wanted to use up the facial cleanser I had.  Do you rinse and reuse the same one or do you use a fresh one each time?  I noticed that it got all my makeup off, including my non-waterproof mascara, but no matter how much I rinsed it afterwards, I could still see the black smudges from my mascara so I'm wondering if it should be laundered after just one use?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

I know you didn't ask me but I use them a few times before washing.

The Joy ones launder beautifully and I'm sure yours will too.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Texasmouse

I know you didn't ask me but I use them a few times before washing.

The Joy ones launder beautifully and I'm sure yours will too.

Thank you, @Andreatoo

Does your makeup rinse out of them completely after each use?  Also, do you dry yours in the dryer and do you use fabric softener? TIA!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@SilleeMee

I've had these towels for a while but just used one for the first time last night because I wanted to use up the facial cleanser I had.  Do you rinse and reuse the same one or do you use a fresh one each time?  I noticed that it got all my makeup off, including my non-waterproof mascara, but no matter how much I rinsed it afterwards, I could still see the black smudges from my mascara so I'm wondering if it should be laundered after just one use?  TIA

@Texasmouse,

I have the same issue with the waterproof stuff like liners and mascaras, too. I don't toss them in the wash everyday but rinse them daily and sometimes use a smidgen of facial cleanser to wash the cloth if I've had to remove more stuff than usual. This gets part of it out but you can still see it so after a few days I toss them in the wash. 

Do you put yours in the dryer? I do, no softener, and they come out nice and fluffy!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse

Yes I dry them in the drier.

NO FABRIC SOFTENER!

I think it degrades the fabric in general and specifically reduces these towels' effectiveness.

Respected Contributor

Thank you, @SilleeMee

I just used one for the first time last night so your tips are helpful. Smiley Happy